One more time about multiple dishes installation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Wajih

Original poster
May 29, 2004
I need a help in installing multiple dishes to my Dishnetwork 301 receiver. Although I’ve posted a discussion about this issue some days ago, but I can’t find my message, so will repeat some of the details herein.

I am trying to get the satellites 119 and 61.5 simultaneously. I have two 500 dishes each is equipped with twin LNBFs. A port from each of the twin LNBFs is connected to a brand new DP21 switch.

I tested the connection to the satellite individually and it works! However, when I hooked the dishes to the switch, the receiver does a test of 38 steps then resets and downloads the programming of satellite 119 but at the end it shows the signal has been lost. Sometimes the receiver can’t recognize the switch and shows “Xs” at the check switch table.

Unfortunately, there is no dishnetwork technician in my area, and I have to do it by myself. I could schedule an appointment but it will take couple of weeks for someone to visit. So I highly appreciate if you can help and provide a step by step troubleshooting/installation guide.

How about unplugging all the satellites etc. from the receivers, do a check switch, then plug everything back in and do another check switch, I have had some success with this in the past........maybe you have tried this.

Here's your [thread=15689]original thread[/thread].

How about we forget about this one, and just go back to that one.

P.S. If yuo click on your own handle on one of your posts, it'll take you to the 'public' version of your profile - which includes links to all your threads and posts. :)

Hey Pete,

I followed your advice and did a check switch where all other cables are unplugged and I got the following table header:
Switch: DP-21 LNBs N.C.(1) and N.C. (2)

Next, I plugged all of the cables again, and ran a new check switch but I got the 38 steps testing and the following table header appeared:
Installed switch: Unknown

What I am guessing the problem is could be one of the following:
1. I have same input port number from each of the Twin LNBs are hooked up to the switch.
2. The DP21 switch doesn’t support a connection to two twin LNBFs despite that I am using one input port from each. In other words, when you look at all installation diagrams, you found they usually use a twin LNBFs with a single LNB at the other dish.

What do you think?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts