One of my 622's constantly gets the 002 error screen

John W

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Planet Earth
It's the screen you get when you lose satellite signal in the case of a storm passing by etc...

I have called Dish twice on this and they run me through the same stupid tests which I already know. I have checked all my connections and they are good. all other receivers show a perfect signal on all satellites. when I do a check switch it freezes the receiver and I have to reboot it. Once I reboot the tech says that my problem is resolved because for a little while it doesn't go to the 002 screen. I feel like when I have a problem with my car and I take it in and it cant be duplicated.

They told me to swap my two 622's to see if it still happens.

I am really frustrated.

I am tired of sitting on the phone for an hour + to go through all of their crap that has been done numerous times.

Ideas??????

Did you try to switch the receivers? If you did, did the problem stay with the current receiver or move to the other one? If it stays with your current receiver you probably have a bad receiver, if it moved to the other receiver, you probably have a bad/loose wire/connection, bad lnb or a bad port on your switch. Dish is trying to determine what your problem is without sending out a tech (which you may have to pay) in order to get you running correctly via the fastest amount of time. If you don't want to do some of the work yourself, just call and pay the tech to do it.

I'm having the same issues since this new update L614. Spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone with them for them to say that everything is working, call back if you have any more issues.

It started today after the software update. Obviously it has something to do with that.

Oh yea my 622 has been wiggin big time. Records shows in 1 min segments, losses signal for no reason, won't resolve recording issues when timers overlap, and suddenly it is making it's own timers. If I have a timer for Ghost Hunters on Si-Fi setup for new eppisodes in HD it will create a timer for all eppisodes on the SD channel. Everyday I have to go and delete these new timers the receiver is making.

I have a service call setup for saturday to come and replace it...

Yea, they are sending me a new box because my box all of a sudden immediately after the upgrade died? NO, you need to fix the software guys. Is what I told them. Oh and they wanted me to pay for shipping and handling on the box, LMAO, I told them that their software is screwed up and that changing the box with fix nothing, and I'm not paying for shipping.

I am so tired of having to go through all the steps over and over again and sitting on the phone for at least an hour. They should tag some of our accounts as people who know what they are doing because I try all the normal checks before I ever call in. I shouldn't have to be forced to go over that crap again and again

I recently called support and told them of a problem being able to record, or pause HD locals. I had already been through all the checks etc. but was still forced to go through all the checks! :mad:

After about an hour guess what? We will send you another box. "I don't need another box it does the same thing on all my 622's as well as other people in the OKC area. :eek:

Well they sent me another box anyway. Before the box arrived Dish had fixed the problem and I was able to record and pause again. So now they were wanting me to replace a "New" 622 with a re manufactured one. I don't think so!

Intermittent signal loss, various channels, all satellites

I was having a similar problem and seem to have solved it using the advice from this thread:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-technical-discussions/143343-tried-search-too-many-results.html#post1459508

The problem I had: I was getting very frequent signal loss on all channels on my VIP 622, and even when watching recorded shows on the DVR (the error would indicate signal loss on the channel I was watching before starting the recorded show). When the 002 error appeared, if I went to the menu or channel guide, the channel would instantly tune in again, so it didn't appear to be real signal loss.

What I did: I switched the PIP source from an OTA channel to a satellite channel, and removed a few of the OTA channels that had very weak signals (a piece of advice I saw in a different thread). Somehow the PIP was tuned into my weakest OTA channel. I did not disconnect my antenna, as others did in their attempts to solve this problem.

This was a really quirky error. I never would have figured it out without the forum -- I never even used PIP before. I hope Dish is paying attention to these forums. The CSRs wasted my time repeatedly going through troubleshooting and then were ready to send out a tech, when all I had to do was change the PIP channel so it wasn't using the OTA tuner. I just called to cancel my service call, and would have tried to explain this thing to the CSR, but all the CSRs I've gotten (three for this issue) don't seem to have the English skills to be able to go off-script.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)