Crazy Probs w/622

JMcMusicman

Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
Recently my 622 started acting up... randomly getting a signal lost error message, even when playing back recorded shows (where there was no signal loss when the show was recorded), and the error message will go away as soon as I hit the guide button, then I'll cancel out of the guide and then the error message will come back after a few minutes?

Error 2: I'll schedule a TV show to record, if I check "My Recordings" while the show is airing, it will appear as being recorded, but after the recording has stopped I go back to to "My Recordings" the previously recorded show is gone... disappeared? It's happened twice now and yes I know that it wasn't deleted by accident.

Error 3: Recording the wrong channel under preset timer... example I may have set it to record "House" on Fox, and in "My Recordings" there is an entry labeled as "House" but when I play it, the recording is actually "Dirty Jobs" on Discovery?

Each problem is very intermittent and random... no obvious cause and effect.
Is my 622 dying?

Possible/probable explanations:

(1) You have a weak OTA channels last looked at. The recorder sees the OTA signal go away and warns even though you have 2 satellite channels on your recall. Always leave the OTA with a strong 24/7 channel. I have not seen this after the last update L614. Note that in single mode there is a second recall on the swap button, which may be yet another channel.

(2) Your recordings are listed alphabetically, not by most recent. The new recording when it ends is sorted far enough done the list that you are not seeing it. Swap/Set by date. In the recordings list you can swap between the most recent 2 sorts--I use by date and by alphabetic. The choice applies to the EHD--swap needs to be a separate choice in the EHD menus because I would prefer alpha on the EHD and date on the internal. (Note, do not swap the order when you transfer several recordings at once or it may get confused--always works fine for singles.)

(3) If you use more than a minute or so pre-record, the title/description may be for the prior show. Look further into the recording. It should never be from a different channel. I would set the pre-record for 0 or 1 minute--most shows begin sharply on time (or even late) even when they end late to get in an additional commercial. (I did lose a recording yesterday because it began like 10 minutes early on MGM.) Otherwise you do have a hardware problem. If it is reproducible it should be easy to call for a replacement.

-Ken and more than you wanted to know.

Regarding error 1... I was having the same problem and posted the resolution here. When I checked my PIP, it was tuned to a weak OTA channel. Once I tuned it to a satellite channel, I stopped getting 002 errors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)