One of the greatest streaks in baseball history has come to an unceremonious end

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
I couldn't believe this story nor this man's obsession. Is this individual dedicated? Or does he belong in the Hall of Shame. All I can is, "Sir, you are the biggest loser!"

Source

Paper Cuts

One of the greatest streaks in baseball history has come to an unceremonious end. For the first time in 20 years, Tim Kurkjian no longer clips and saves every newspaper box score.

We interrupt the stretch run of this fascinating baseball season with something completely irrelevant, epically ridiculous and wildly unimportant. A most absurd streak quietly ended in 2010: For the first time since 1989, I no longer clip every box score of every baseball game from the nearest newspaper and tape each one into a spiral notebook, a daily task that I've estimated, at roughly 15 minutes per day, has cost me 40 days of my truly pathetic life.

This official announcement comes with some sadness because I love box scores. I've always loved box scores. From 1990-2009, I never missed one day of clipping and taping box scores, a streak that our best baseball fans must acknowledge is far more impressive than Cal Ripken playing in 2,632 consecutive games. On one memorable night in 2002, I went to bed at 11 o'clock, realized in horror I had forgotten to do my box score book, got dressed, clipped and taped my box scores, then lied down for a restful six hours of sleep as my wife looked at me and wondered how she could have married such an unfathomable geek.

Full Story

Was he just now introduced to this Space Aged thing called a Computer ?

It will be much easier for him to have them on a hard drive now instead of a notebook. :D

He is the only guy on ESPN that I would say that when he says something....there is an excellent chance it's legit. I personally think he is THE most knowledgeable baseball guy in all baseball media.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)