One TV

kyfan

Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
I live by myself and only have one Tv. I don't need the whole home. I was wondering if I could upgrade to just the hopper.

It doesn't sound like you can get a Hopper by itself at this time. The hopper must have a joey. I'm not sure what Dish's reason is behind this.

No one here has enough information to know for sure, it is just too new and not enough posts yet about that. So I fully agree, give it a try you never know!
The only thing I could think of is Dish felt at this time there may not be enough for people who needed a whole house set-up to give some to people not using it that way.... I really think at some point if not now, they will give you just the Hopper, in fact that type may be the only receiver after awhile.

I just had a hopper and no joeys installed. Replaced a 722k. I just called up a local installer. Didn't go through the website.

I just had a hopper and no joeys installed. Replaced a 722k. I just called up a local installer. Didn't go through the website.
I figured. That puts a few holes in what the Dirt team have said so far.

Now we just needs some reports of two hopper installs.

Signed up so I could add my 2 cents. I had a single Hopper installed this afternoon. I contacted Dish Exec team because of on-going issues with my 922. They were quite happy to offer me a Dish-it-up to a Hopper.

Signed up so I could add my 2 cents. I had a single Hopper installed this afternoon. I contacted Dish Exec team because of on-going issues with my 922. They were quite happy to offer me a Dish-it-up to a Hopper.

Probably because you re-commit for another 2 years by "dish'n-it-up"

You could try it. Some have wanted a 2h/1j system and was asked to do 2h/2j. When they added all 4, they were able to remove 1 Joey. You could ask for 1h/1j then change your mind to 1 Hopper. Does not hurt to give it a try.

Has anyone confirmed they were able to do 2H/2J and then remove a Joey and keep the configuration as 2H/1J?

For the folks that successfully got a single Hopper no Joey install - pls let us know if you get billed correctly.

maybe this is the best place to ask my question - with 2 TVs in the house and a 722VIP right now, what will I see or get differently than I am right now by upgrading to a hopper and joey system?

If the second TV is an HDTV, it will get an independent HD signal. You will have three sat tuners instead of the two the 722k has. One of the tuners optionally can be used to record ABC, CBS, NBC, and Fox during primetime leaving two tuners for other recordings or use for viewing live. I don't know if you're using the optional OTA tuners on the 722k, but the HJ system at the moment has no OTA capabilities. That is a future feature. There are some other apps the Hopper will have that are not available on the 722k.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)