One Unhappy Camper

socalpanman

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 12, 2005
San Rafael CA
I'm in LA

With all the problems with WOW number and CSRs, I got a local Dish retailer who could give me the Voom#1 deal: 2 811s, A180@19.99 for 3 mo, free HD pak for 6 mo and free install reusing my Voom dish adding Superdish.

Did the job this morning. The tech verified my order and began. Everything in, integrated and checked including locals. Made the call to activate the account and turn on Voom from 61.5.
Everything fell apart. The Dish op refused to do so. First hadn't heard of the deal, said NO deal existed for 19.99 with free HD. On hold came back yes there is a deal won't start until 5/5. Hold again found Voom special. Voom deal can't do either. It's an Internet only special as of yesterday evening he said. Back and forth. Told him I ordered it Monday morning based on Voom.com and scroll etc. I threatened to have everything packed up. On hold. The CSR said ok. So I did. Cancellation. A waste of everyone's morning.

A company that keeps changing things on a daily basis doesn't seem worth the hassle. Will they go V10 to V5 instead of V21 and then I'm stuck for a year? They seem to have excuses for everything. Wonderful installer though. Knowledgeable and efficient. I paid him for his time.

There were absolutely no tech issues. The problem I guess came from not wanting any International channels but Voom. Then for some other reason we got into why I couldn't activate the 180 at anything but the full price etc.. I don't even have any returning costumer issues.
I had it un-installed. I'm up to a good two dozen calls over this hole issue. How many calls do people have to keep making? Would I have to deal with these discrepency issues every bill?

I've been very polite but I'm done. Why put up with this? I got kids to get to and from school, business stuff to do. Thanks for your thoughts though.

socalpanman said:
(snip) Why put up with this? I got kids to get to and from school, business stuff to do. Thanks for your thoughts though.
I'm with you socalpanman...I'm going to sit tight and suffer with OTA and Netflix until a LOT more shakes down...I don't have kids to deal with, but I do have a life, and head-spinning contraditions like have profilerated everywhere, just don't figure into it...maybe I'll be left in the dust, but at least I can understand that! :) Vicki

Vicki said:
I'm with you socalpanman...I'm going to sit tight and suffer with OTA and Netflix until a LOT more shakes down...I don't have kids to deal with, but I do have a life, and head-spinning contraditions like have profilerated everywhere, just don't figure into it...maybe I'll be left in the dust, but at least I can understand that! :) Vicki
Right Vicki. Everyone's got their own "stuff" and it's all important. I realized after all this I was just too fixated on the entire thing. Let the roller coaster continue. I'll wait to get back on.

Plus: I've learned there are still a lot of good helpful people out there eager to answer questions.

Negative: Reminded too many fellow consumers willing to take abuse and settle.

It is incredible how poor E* customer service really is. Utterly amazing, these guys make the cable companies look like Nordstrom's.

Amphicar770 said:
It is incredible how poor E* customer service really is. Utterly amazing, these guys make the cable companies look like Nordstrom's.
I agree, but J.D. Powers thinks these guys and gals are the best. Personally, these Bozo's aren't in the same league as the CSRs VOOM had the last 6-12 months.

I'm also one very unhappy camper. Install was scheduled for yesterday 12-5. He shows up at 6 and left my house at 12:30 AM!!!!!!!!!!. He replaced my Voom dish with a Dish 500 and replaced my Winegard with a Terk and now no locals at all for OTA. I called today and got the basic runaround and was told to call tonight to tech support to try to fix the locals issue. Was it really necessary to replace everything? He was so freakin tired last night he couldn't think straight and was babbling nonsence. After everything was hooked up and we were doing the paperwork he was sitting there falling asleep on my couch!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts