One week & no news

Voomin@720p

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 21, 2005
Come on VOOM tell us something please. We have one week until the deadline and have heard nothing. I think adding the new channels is a good sign but it would be nice if we could hear something from VOOM on the matter.

I am thinking they will make it, but I really, really wish we could some official news!

AT the risk of recieving a 3 day vacation for not being in the Voom Koolaid club this no news is BAD news.

It is said that one of the biggest vacation times for business/banking executives is around Easter time ( Kids out of school-Family Vacation Time) so with Good Friday ( Stock Market and a lot of Banks are closed, hence the vacation plans) this week, you might hear something maybe by tomorrow, but I would assume right on 3-31 or the day after, since Mr.Dolan is financing Voom after the shut down costs, he could keep doing the same for April if they need more time, the downside to that is the Stock Market and what that keeps doing to the price of the shares.

danielle_s said:
Actually Vurbano No News Is Good News

I agree. I think if the end was hear we would have heard some news by now. I just wish VOOM would come out and tell us little folks something!

Voomin@720p said:
Come on VOOM tell us something please. We have one week until the deadline and have heard nothing. I think adding the new channels is a good sign but it would be nice if we could hear something from VOOM on the matter.

I am thinking they will make it, but I really, really wish we could some official news!

It is said that one of the biggest vacation times for business/banking executives is around Easter time ( Kids out of school-Family Vacation Time) so with Good Friday ( Stock Market and a lot of Banks are closed, hence the vacation plans) this week, you might hear something maybe by tomorrow, but I would assume right on 3-31 or the day after.
Since Mr.Dolan is financing Voom after the shut down costs, he could keep doing the same for April if they need ( allow ) more time, the downside to that is the Stock Market and what that keeps doing to the price of the shares.

I think nobody here, myself included, knows if no news is either a bad sign or a good sign...

It was somewhat amusing listening to everybody reading their interpretation intoanything the Dolans said or did... Now we're reading the tea leaves about what they don't say or do???

:rolleyes: Anybody have any tarot cards?

I just wish they would give us a hint or some glimmer of hope. Right now we have nothing other than a deadline and no news. I guess if they pull the plug without notice I will go with E* (I shiver at the thought)

I had D* a few years ago. Talk about overpriced HD gear and a seriously overpriced HD package. Puh-leaze!

Come on VOOM, throw us little bill paying folks a bone will ya?

I guess if there is no news over the next 8 days that will be good news? That will mean no more Voom as I understand it.:rolleyes:

I think we have some good news to go on. VOOM has added 24 channels this month, the website is still taking new orders and they are scheduling installs for after 4-1-05.

Another plus is that they have not announced VOOM's doom.

I do not think it would be that hard for VOOM to say something! Send all the subs an email, put a notice on the website or something. Everything right now is pure speculation.

Oh well, I guess I will just have to wait.

I just wish it was over one way or the other. I am enjoying Voom very much but only in one room and I am using Directv in two others and to record programs. It's costing me too much. I have also held off on getting an upgraded OAB antenna. Ironically, if Voom goes dark I am seriously considering cancelling Diretv and switching to Optimum through Cablevision. Reason: twice as many HD channels as Directv including the 5 network stations, HBO HD, TMC HD, Cinemax HD, Starz HD, INHD, Thirteen HD and HD on demand, and a DVR which appears it may record HD programs in HD (website not clear on this point). All we have from Directv is promises about future HD services.

Martin21

what's up Doc!!

What a Merry-go-round were on and on the 25th they will hit my credit card again and like a fool I will keep coming to the forum to see what might be happening. At least this morning I turned on Voom and it's still here, 261 & 262 gone for me though which kind of was a bonus for going through the turmoil & all the updates which screwed my settings up and really didn't help me one ioda. I gave myself a break and watched the "Incredables" on DVD yesterday & it made me realize watching the tube could actually be enjoyable. Love my HD but whatever Dolan wants to do he will do it. I admit I hate seeing Flipper and many others repeat after repeat but it's HD. D* lied to me about HD programming and I dumped them before and they aren't offering anything better than 2 years ago - never tried E*so I can't say on them & hate cable with a passion and hope we end up catching the brass ring with Voom. I just imagine how some subscribers are that don't have a computer,don't read the papers on Voom, and from the begining just turn on their box and watch TV to date and aren't wrapped up in what might or might not happen. I have to thank Dolan for the OTA antenna letting me get my locals in HD which to me was the icing on the cake. Yup, I'm one that left my D* HD antenna still set up in case and I'd love to be able to get it off my roof if Voom makes it and Zooms in more HD content than all the others. So I'll check this forum again tonight and hope I don't have to reboot again on account of the stupid 5.11 in my area. Wish they would leave a message for us when they are going to screw around with updates.

Hey

No news is No news!! :D . I think most of us hope Voom survives and the only true bad news is a blank screen on 4-1. Until then we are guessing

Maybe a few of us should go to Voom's live support chat and suggest that they tell us something.

Jamey K said:
Maybe a few of us should go to Voom's live support chat and suggest that they tell us something.

Not sure how much we would learn since CSRs are seldom told anything as well. In fact they often seem to know less than us

WOOT! Ok, so there are ignore lists and they work, (so I am slow, at least I found them). Some people have to say something negative about everything or they just don't feel right I guess. Now, if you could convince everyone to quit quoting vurbano and the likes, it would be so much easier to find real information in these forums.

I did a live chat and a phone call earlier when some schmuck said he was getting the DVR.

I asked both times about VOOM living on after 4-1 and was told by both csr's that it's business as usual even after the 1st. They both said they have been told nothing will change and that VOOM will be in business after 4-1. That's from the csr's I spoke with.

Off topic a bit but they also said the dvr will be out before the middle of the year and that it is currently in beta testing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts