More Swell News

IOWADISHDUDE

Original poster
May 14, 2004
Being the firm believer in VOOM that I am, I had 3 more recievers installed utilizing their promo for a cheap install - $49.00.

Very well versed installer for Central-Eastern Iowa & Western Illinois confirmed that investors have placed copious amounts of greenbacks into the company...and that several-many new stations will be added...soon.

Also stated by the end of the year, D*****TV will attempt to follow suit by adding additonal HD programming.

Also spoke briefly of Charlie Ergen's extremly high interest in VOOM should it possibly go belly-up.

He closed by saying, "VOOM will never go off the air...someone will snatch it up before it does that."

That's what I learned today.

Dave

IOWADISHDUDE said:
He closed by saying, "VOOM will never go off the air...someone will snatch it up before it does that."

That's what I learned today.

Dave

We're having a garage sell this weekend.

With any luck, y'all will be sending your checks monthly to me.

And don't ask about a DVR. I'm working on it and plan to have out early this year.

Ok...now let's think about this for just a few seconds, k?

"Very well versed installer for Central-Eastern Iowa & Western Illinois confirmed that investors have placed copious amounts of greenbacks into the company...and that several-many new stations will be added...soon."

Now how do you suppose an installer, who is a contract worker, has ANY FREQIN IDEA what investors have or have not done regarding VOOM?

Sorry...but this is just plain dumb.

Lob

I usually tell our local installer the rumors. He's too busy doing the work to be digging up dirt (other than to plant mounting poles). It always suprises me how some salescritter at a third party store or installer in the middle of nowhere gets quoted on these forums as if he was the personal confidant of Charles Dolan or Charles Ergen ... and this one appears to have the "confidence" of both ?!?!?!?!?

More salt is needed.

JL

Okay Jean-us Ones.

The installer is the owner of the installation service. He is so overbooked, he has to help out with the installs.

His information was ascertained while in attendance of a owners business meeting in Chicago (better known as the middle of nowhere).

Might want question and gather additional facts before posting.

Iowa,
What could possibly make you think that this guy's business has ANY idea about the inner workings of financing this deal? He went to a meeting, that wasn't even part of VOOM, and he heard a rumor.

Yay.

Lob

Hey guys!! Iowa hears a rumor?? and posts it-nothing wrong with that. His source is more likely to have inside information than any of us that are not even in the industry. That said it is an unsupported rumor.

Shortly the hyenas move in for the kill and start fighting over the carcass!! Will there be anything left for the other scavengers?? :D

I guess I just see a difference between rumor and news. The "confirmed" sorta put me off a bit too ;)

Lob

Also, how many, "My installer told me..." posts have there been around here. Honestly, installers know just as much as we do, which is to say, not that much.

My installer (who came to deinstall me the other day) also told me the government was making everyone go HD. Yes, he said HD not digital. When I tried to explain to him what was actually happening he didn't have a clue.

The Rickster

Than you dlm - well put & appreciated...but I must bow out of this flaming my the almighty nay-sayers...I gotta' go plant corn in the middle of nowhere and feed the hogs.

VOOM supporter,
IOWADISHDUDE

IOWADISHDUDE said:
I had 3 more recievers installed utilizing their promo for a cheap install
I've been considering taking advantage of the offer to have a receiver installed in the bedroom. Does the $5/receiver price last only the length of the 6 month contract, then revert to the $9.50 mirror fee plus $5/mo? Or does that lock you into that receiver price for longer than the contract length?

GadgetRick said:
Also, how many, "My installer told me..." posts have there been around here. Honestly, installers know just as much as we do, which is to say, not that much.

My installer (who came to deinstall me the other day) also told me the government was making everyone go HD. Yes, he said HD not digital. When I tried to explain to him what was actually happening he didn't have a clue.

The Rickster

Same exact story with my installer. He insisted that EVERY channel in existance was going to be legally required to go HD no later than next year. Every single channel, OTA or on satellite or cable. I argued with him, but he wasn't going to give up on his wrong information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)