Status
Please reply by conversation.

silversurfer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Las Vegas, Nevada
I recently activated two new receivers. These receivers are additional to ones I have already had. Do these receivers have to remain active? For example if I wanted to replace one with a DVR do I still have to have the other one plugged in or is the one year commitment just tied to the account? Thank You..

Just tied to your account. :)

Ie you agree to sub to AT50 or better for a year.

If any questions contact your installer you want to make sure he does not get charged back on anything. :)

Scott when did Directv start selling DISH programming especially annual contracts?

Gernally it is that your account has to stay at TC or above for one year from the date you added the receivers.

The place you bought them from may have additional requiremetns.

Thanks everyone for all your help. Those 49 dollar Tivos look too good to pass up. I just might get one for the kids...

Who has $49 tivos ???

tell me tell me

Curcit city is selling them for $99

CC had a online rebate that ended on 10/03 for $50 making the cost $49. I think it was a mistake...a leftover because they pulled the rebate form on 9/30 but several people had it and offered it via email.

Rick

I signed up as a new DirecTV customer July 27th when the new NFL promotion went into effect and got three free receivers. Since then I got a new TiVo under FFDVR for $99 and another from CC with the $50 rebate. I have replaced one of my free receivers and my Annual commitment has gone from July 2004 to Oct. 2004 for a ending date. Directv is just giving aweay their services no wonder they have had a problem making a profit.

Still confused

This post is kind of why I was looking for this forum. I just bought a 3 receiver RCA direcTV system with a 3LNB dish.

The guy at Best Buy said that if I bought a DirecTivo and wanted to use it, I'd have to pay for 4 receivers, however I called DirecTV for another reason and asked them the same question. Their answer was that they could disconnect the one and activate the new one.

So, does this mean that I can do whatever I want with the "system" as long as I have three receivers for 1 year? Or can "Best Buy" force me to keep the three ones that came with the system?

Thanks for the quick response...

I do wish I would of thought this through more :rolleyes: because I would of run two lines down to where the receiver is and had the installer hook that line up to the LNB.

Because, now I guess I'll need to either split the line the attic with a multiplexer OR run a new line from the LNB. It's my understanding that each of the 3 LNBs have 2 outputs correct?

Continuing on this question, is i better to just run off the LNB vs. using another multiplexer? or do I *have* to run of he LNB?

Thanks a bunch

I signed up as a new DirecTV customer July 27th when the new NFL promotion went into effect and got three free receivers. Since then I got a new TiVo under FFDVR for $99 and another from CC with the $50 rebate. I have replaced one of my free receivers and my Annual commitment has gone from July 2004 to Oct. 2004 for a ending date. Directv is just giving aweay their services no wonder they have had a problem making a profit.

You mean giving away their equipment, not services. As far as profit$, I don't think they have a problem with that ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)