Onkyo remote code

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Just purchased an Onkyo TX-SR505 to replace a 7 year old Sony 5.1 receiver.

I've tried the different codes to program the DISH remote for the 622 to control the Onkyo. Only 2660 works, but all I can do is turn up and down the volume. It will not power the receiver off.

Can anyone help me?

Hey Neutron Buddy...Try 2788. It will at least turn my Onkyo TX-SR600 off. You won't get much other meaningfull control. Also, keep in mind that you have to be fairly "straight on" when you hit the Onkyo. The IR window isn't very wide.

Enjoy! Let me know if it works.

Last edited:
How old is the remote? I know that Dish does occasionally update their remotes with new codes and you might be able to get a newer revision model of the same remote that has the code. Dish's remotes have had a problem for a while with devices that use discrete codes. That's why I love my Harmony :)

Jason,
I have the TX-SR504. The dish remote works the Onkyo receiver to turn it on and will control the volume, but it will not turn off the Onkyo for some reason. I wish I could tell you the code, but I can't. When the installer came to put my 622 in, he programmed the remote too. He was pretty good. Unfortunately, he didn't write down the code for me. I'll have to look around and find the manual and get the procedure for identifying the code.

Neutron... Do you have the Dish Protection Plan.... If so and *ahem* it is having a problem (like buttons sticking), you can call it in and they will send you a replacement at no cost. I've always seen the "generic" IR-UHF Pro ones that have the latest codes.

OK, I did a little more experimenting.... The correct code that I am using is "2788" (I counted the "flashes" wrong last night).

It works fine (power on-off) with two of my 6.3 IR/UHF PRO remotes. However, it doesn't work with the third, older one, with the same model number. I suspect that they must make some interim changes from model to model.

Try the above code. If that doesn't work, try to find a new model of the remote.

Enjoy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts