Only 2 days guide data on 612

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

skierrob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
I'm trying to help a neighbor -- she is only getting two days of guide data on her VIP 612 DVR. She is on western arc, check switch is fine for 120, 119 and 129. Good solid signal strength on all 3 satellites in point dish screen including transponder 18 on 119 which is where I understand the extended guide downloads from???.
When she downloads guide after a check switch it goes to about 95 percent done then hangs for about 15 minutes then "finishes" but she then only has two days of guide data. You physically can't go further than two days out.
A reboot of the receiver didn't fix the issue.
She only has one receiver so I can't pin it down to being a receiver issue or something else.
Any ideas?

There is one last thing I would try. While on the guide press 999 followed by the right arrow button. That should advance to the end of the guide. If it is still only going 2 days out, it looks like she will need to get a replacement receiver.

Strange - today she has 9 days of guide data again magically. Guess this is solved!
There is one last thing I would try. While on the guide press 999 followed by the right arrow button. That should advance to the end of the guide. If it is still only going 2 days out, it looks like she will need to get a replacement receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)