Only a few satellites coming through

Status
Please reply by conversation.

penguinsix

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
I've resigned myself that I have to go and start over on my install, as I seem to only be receiving a few satellites within a small wedge of the 'arc' of satellites (mostly South). I'm having no luck with PAS9 for example, or Galaxy 13/Horizons1 (though I gather that is pretty far to the West Coast).

So, in a situation when I'm only getting part of the arc, where should I start in my troubleshooting--elevation or plumbness of the pipe?

Pole! Make sure to take into account the weight of the dish / motor and all as it will pull everything forward. Spend as much time as it takes to get it plumb and level, you need to use a bubble level!

I leveled it several times with a bubble level, but suspected there was some shifting.

I also note that my dish has about 5 mm of play with some screws which I suspect are not entirely tight. Should the dish be "rigid" to the human touch--i.e. not shift at all with a little pressure?

There will be some slight flex, but all bolts should be tight. Good luck!

The pole itself is dead on plumb, but I suspect the problem might be in the fact I connected the brackets a bit too low, down by where the pipe begins its bend. I'll try tweaking that tomorrow to see if it improves reception.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts