Only getting a few channels on Galaxy 19

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

allencltnc

Original poster
Sep 6, 2013
South Carolina
This is my first FTA Project, so please bear with me if I have forgotten something.

I got everything setup, and am pointed at Galaxy 19, but am only getting 5 Video Channels and 2 Audio Channels.

Here is my Setup

• Digiwave DWM-80T 31in Dish from Sadoun
  • Sadoun KUL1 - Single Linear LNBF
  • Winegard Tripod Mount (Waiting on my motor to get in before I can mount it on my NPRM out on a concrete slab)
  • MicroHD DVBS2 Receiver (Code Updated to 2013-6-26 via USB)
  • All RG6 cabling

Here is my Location Info:

• US Zip Code: 29102
  • Elevation: 47.0°
  • Azimuth (true): 208.7°
  • Azimuth (magn.): 216.3°

I did a Blind Scan with the following criteria

• Single Satellite Search
  • Scan Type: All Channels
  • Scan Channels: TV + Radio
  • Network Search: No
  • Scan Mode: Blind Scan - Normal
  • Symbol Rate: All
  • Polarity: Auto

Using my signal meter I was able to 90% Signal and 73% Quality on most of the channels I picked up

TV Channels

• Pentagon SD AC3 - 11824/H/20000
  • $Backhaul Channel - 11824/H/20000
  • Pentagon HD - 11824/H/20000
  • Pentagon SD - 11824/H/20000
  • TRWAM -12124/V/30000
  • BVN - 12124/V/30000

Audio Channels

• Radio Maryja - 12124/V/30000
  • BVN Rvi 1 Radio - 12124/V/30000

You are at 101w SES-1. Bud you need to move over 4 degrees to the east with your dish just move it slightly just watch your transponders ok.

Dan Rose

Actually, if you already have it pointed at 101W, go ahead and scan that in on 101W on your receiver. It will help you later on with aiming, especially when your motor gets in. By the way, welcome to Satellite Guys!

Ack, That would explain it! Thanks everyone for your advice! Will give that a try when it's daylight again :)

BTW, so glad to be part of this site, I've been wanting to do this for years and I finally got the chance!!

Yes, you're very close. I setup a Ku motorized FTA dish for the first time in February and I was surprised at how little you have to move the dish before it's aimed at another satellite it seemed less than inches in any given direction. A little movement is all it takes.

When you install a motor adjust carefully to maximize reception once you found your true south satellite in order to get the best signals possible across the arc.

Welcome to the site!!

Good Morning,

Well this morning I was only able to hit 101W, 99W and 95W. I noticed that my Tripod was not staying level as the grass and dirt were soft. After an hour of going back and forth (and having to go visit family an hour away and I'm leaving tonight) I decided to just wait a couple of weeks on my motor. Then I can mount this on the concrete pad in the backyard! Thanks again for all of your help, and i'll keep you posted on my final setup once it's done (and then maybe a BUD system in the near future!)

Thanks,

Allen

That's very good. You're getting a feel of how very little spacing there is between the satellites. For a motorized setup, you will definitely have to have a stable, plumb mount. You will get 97W in no time if you picked up both 95 and 99 :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts