OnSat out of business

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rtt2

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
According to ditkomaniac over at satforums, OnSat published its last issue and will go out of business.

Sad to see this because it really shows how low C-Band subs have really dropped.

Since all the sub channels on cband are now only in DC II with a built in guide, the printed listings are not really needed like they were when all the cband sub channels were analog without guide.

Since they have never published cband 4DTV subs ( that I'm aware of), only analog cband subs it's kind of mute what the actual subs still are on cband.

Actually OnSat has been publishing DCII progamming for some time. 4DTV guides are painfully slow and a magazine is still nice. In addition they published wild feeds on their website.

The latest rumor is that OnSat is selling most operations to Orbit Magazine. We shall see how all this turns out.

I let my Orbit subscription run out. It was up to $48 (?) year. After 2 months they sent me a special offer for $14/yr. I felt it was a waste of paper, since it was full of incorrect data and generic listings such as "movie". The internet probably is part of the blame. I use TitanTV myself now.

Latest news is that Orbit will be taking over OnSat's subscribers. I guess good news but still a little sad to see them go.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts