GEOSATpro ooopps, my microhd is rebooting.

chaskuchar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2010
saint charles, missouri
steps as near as i can remember. i should have been using the test load of 11/29 but saved the whole load to test a c lnb on the 1.2. added all the c band satellites yesterday and 99w tuned in fine. had 18 channels on c band. i am using the geosatpro c1 lnb. didn't find 95w or 97w so today i went back to the k band lnb. when i brought up the microhd i went to the menu and unselected all c band lnb's and left the k band still selected. i had them selected while the c lnb was installed. then with the menu still selected i went to setup on 97w to make sure the antenna was pointed correctly after fooling around with the positions on the c band. i didn't get any indication on 12177 after going to zero, my straight south is 97.4 and i am using diseq2 with a dg380 motor. so then i exited out of the setup and my channel selected was on 99w and the receiver then went into reboot. i do have the cable to reset the receiver. do i have to power the receiver or can i just use the power from the laptop cable? thanks, charlie

the instructions were on this board. right now i am saving the whole abs file to the computer. then i will reinstall my saved file. it is a slow process. charlie

Bet your glad you got that cable now. ;)

unfortunately i can't get the file to install. when i run the program it says it can't locate the file 13 with /lzma.exe on the end of a long file location entry. then it runs the default ddb i l think after the first time doing that, i tryed the microhd out and it had the same problem as before. GEOSATpro_microHD_ALI_Editor_20120615 is the ali editor i am using. charlie

Good to hear. Make sure you do a factory reset before you begin scanning in Sats again.

Did you load your User File (.udf) after loading firmware version 0.13 or did you scan all of the satellites using the new Default Database that was loaded with the firmware?

i don't know what it loaded. the first time i tryed to load a file i mistakenly tryed to load the latest abs file. i got an error message about the abs file and then i think it loaded the dds file. tryed the unit out and it still was rebooting. then reread the instructions and it called for a udf file so i had a udf file i had previously saved at 11/17. probably the file i had before i loaded firmware 11/14/12. anyway, i didn't do a factory reset yet. i just booted it and saw my satellites. then shut it off for the night. charlie

chaskuchar said:
unfortunately i can't get the file to install. when i run the program it says it can't locate the file 13 with /lzma.exe on the end of a long file location entry. then it runs the default ddb i l think after the first time doing that, i tryed the microhd out and it had the same problem as before. GEOSATpro_microHD_ALI_Editor_20120615 is the ali editor i am using. charlie

Where did you download the editor?

i downloaded it from this forum i think. date created is 10/17/2012. i assume that is the date i downloaded it. i guess it is all because of that c lnb i was playing with that i got from you... but you saved me with the k band lnb the other day. charlie

Here is what I use.

Attachments

• usb.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 199

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts