Openbox 10 Review 87w & 103W and Feeds (Old Time Tv}

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tottenville

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Just set up my Openbox 10 and had problems turning on and shutting off unit.
A older Firmware fixed that problem that I found on the net..
I was even thinking maybe I should have bought the Newest Pansat Hd but I am glad I didnot.
For $99 and free shipping I think I got a decent deal.

I am useing a 10 foot satellite dish with C/Ku PLLs with actuator on the dish.
87w and 103w were easy to get along with 99.2w and 89.0w all C band stations
On 103 they have a Few Hd stations along with old time Tv on METV
and on 87w I am also glad to see RTV with the old programs also.

It seems that there are enough HD stations for now
I thought there would be lots of Feeds,but I guess not?Or do I always have to scan to find them?
With the 1080i in Hd,my plasma shows the whole screen
But with 720P some of the stations are not full screen while others are?(Strange}
I am wondering will I be able to get Nfl football on sundays or Sunday ite games?(Feeds}

As of now I feel this has been a great purchase
I am sure the DVB-S2 works well in picking up many more stations.
I think I will pass in hooking up the Ku Lnb,I don't think that there are many great stations to pick from?
A few years also I thought C band was DEAD on C band?But I guess with DVB-S2 puts C band
back into the game.....................TT

By all means, hook up the Ku. There really is a ton of good stations there. I could list a bunch, but that would only be my opinion. Your viewing could/may be much different. Besides, it is just fun picking up new "stuff." Even if you do delete it as soon as you find they do not speak your language.

which old update for the openbox did you use? i do like the new one i installed in august. i think it is hds2-11-03, i have the solomend version of the receiver and i do enjoy it. i have gone back and forth with the updates to see what they do. charlie

You'll find things to enjoy on ku also-it's just 'fishing in a different lake'. And yes, you have to scan for the wild feeds, very few of them are advertised, or in the same spot every time. Sadly, it seems like more and more of the sports wildfeeds are beginning to be scrambled, but there's still a lot of things to find and watch. I doubt you'll find much pro sports unscrambled, NFL especially, unless when they're on NBC. You'll still get your money's worth with fta though.

AS far as the different screen sizes I experienced the same thing. I have a zoom button on my TV remote and with a couple of pushes of the button I can usually get full screen.

which old update for the openbox did you use? i do like the new one i installed in august. i think it is hds2-11-03, i have the solomend version of the receiver and i do enjoy it. i have gone back and forth with the updates to see what they do. charlie

I put in the latest bin S9S10_AmerciaVer
It was kinda of annoying at first because Most Firmwares did not give
any USA satellites and I got lucky with S9S10_AmerciaVer.....TT

I used to enjoy the Cand KU feeds on my 10 foot dish for many of years 1985- today.
Only 2 stations really left on C band...QVC and HSN and Sheperds chapel and some digital stations on my 4dtv
and NONE with KU

I remember there used to be lots of KU stations on fta
I really don't care about 97w with all those foreign stations but
didnot think many feeds were on the other KU satellites,But I will give it a try.thanks......TT

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)