Openbox S10 - a review and a problem :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

schlever

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Regina, SK
Well got my new Openbox S10 in the mail, and have been playing with it the past few days. I have to say its tiny! A little larger than a 2 VHS tapes side by side or so. Plugged it in and set up was pretty easy. Zoomed over to 85 and it scanned in the RTV channels right away, so I went over to 125 and started scanning there. It picked up the LPBS DVB-S2 stuff right away (could never get them on my diamond) as well as some others. What it won't pickup is the create mux, which is perplexing me to no end! I've tried entering the mux manually, scanning it, nothing! Its working just fine on my Fortec with the same dish. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I watch that mux quite often.

Another issue I have is with USALS. There is no issues moving the dish at all, but there isn't any way to 'bump' like I can do with my Fortec. To bump at all requires me to change my lat/long settings for the entire reciever, rather than just the satellite. A small issue, but something I'm used to doing. Overall a good reciever for under $100!

Schlever,

Can the Openbox S10 do blind search like the Openbox S9 , Did you try the S10 on any channels with AC-3 Audio to see if it converts the audio threw the HDMI or audio video cables to the tv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)