whats the best

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hywayace

Original poster
May 23, 2011
Georgia
Hello, I'm new here and interested in setting up a fta satellite system.
I would like to know the best equipment to by and the best place to buy it. I would like to know the best satellites to point said equipment at. I live in northern Georgia about halfway between Chattanooga Tn and Atlanta Ga off of I 75.
thanx

Welcome

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

:welcome

Welcome to the hobby. This is a great forum and you will find lots of useful information here.

We have a distribution center in Marietta, GA, just 15 miles north of the city of Atlanta between Chattanooga & Atlanta, so shipping would not break the bank.

If you are looking for a basic startup system, you can try any of the satellite systems here.

The most popular satellite to point to is Galaxy 19, but it all depends on what you want to watch.

Maybe if you give us an idea of the specific programming you want, we can give you a more specific answer.

If you're within driving distance of Robby, I'd recommend swinging by once you have decided what hardware to purchase.
I'm a short drive from his Los Angeles store, so he's got both coasts sewed up! :up

Our other Gold Sponsor FTA supplier is SatelliteAV near 'Frisco, out here in California.
He's too many hundreds of miles for me to visit, but I did send a friend who got a great reception! :up

First of course, you have to decide what it is you are looking for.
Not everything is available on FTA, but if you have any special interests (or languages), we might be able to direct you to a suitable satellite.
Otherwise, take a look at any of the lists (The List, at the top of any page), and consider the bird at 97°w as a place to start. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)