Openbox s10 firmware?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mikey11

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
canada
where would i find the latest North American firmware?

will it update the satellite list for me?

i currently have NO north american satellites in my list

Nosbod said:
Go to wydvb.com, click on downloads. Scroll the list you will find a S9/S10 american firmware version.

Thanks for the link its nice to get the full list of updates from the manufacturer. I downloaded the latest international firmware after backing up my channels and transponders. Just loaded this firmware, then restored the american satellites, transponders, and channels. So far its running nicely on my S10.

Here is the S10 America Version but its not the most recent. Once you load it you need to scan your sats, make a copy of your sats/channels (TP_prog) then load the most recent firm which is europe version and then re-load your sats and channels. Good luck!!

S9S10_AmericaVer.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SD8MX925

Has anyone noticed any huge differences between the (posted here on sat guys download page) August 30 version and this one? I assume this is the newer one. Grabbed it earlier but have not tried it. Any major improvements in any department for the S10?

[h=5]Firmware Openbox S10HD 11/10/2011
Firmware Openbox S10

Changes:

1.- Improved channels Editing.

2.- CCcam password require.

3.- Added plugin for avatarcam

4.- Motor problems fixed

5.- New Languages added : Bulgarian and Rumano

Clone Kill apparently in it.
[/h]

Firmware Openbox S10HD 11/10/2011
Firmware Openbox S10

Changes:

1.- Improved channels Editing.

2.- CCcam password require.

3.- Added plugin for avatarcam

4.- Motor problems fixed

5.- New Languages added : Bulgarian and Rumano

Clone Kill apparently in it.

Can't see anything really worth the upgrade except the channel editing. Thanks! Don't even know what some of the other stuff is!
Would enjoy easier editing. Main menu screen returned to the older look. Saw the older look, didn't see much immediately of note,
and went back to the posted version in the approved downloads area. Thanks for the info, however. Was hoping for some audio improvements,
as my particular box seems to have volume drops and irregularities. All else works GREAT on the posted version from August, however.

Thanks again!

hmmm. went to the site because i need .abs firmware for the solomend. the spanish language threw me and i could not find where i should click to download. i will keep looking for an update for my firmware. thanks, charlie

Apparently you have to register to download. Also, whoever posted the file claims that it works with the S9, but then others said that, like all the other recent S10 versions, you can load it to an S9 but it won't let you access any menus. So in other words, forget about it.

i went to the download section of this forum and downloaded the latest abs file for the s9. installed it on my solomend and am configuring it now. did save my dump with november 2010 firmware and renamed it as todays date. loaded an old 204 and then reloaded todays and everything was ok. then loaded the new one. have to go set locations using diseq 1.2. should have written down the locations for the gbox before i installed new. and had to edit abc now to find it. it was h instead of v and had to change that to find the bird. did scan amc1 and found montana pbs ok. had a hard time getting the new 6' dish pointed there. now amc6 doesn't scan nbc feeds right now. have to look into that. the preacher comes up ok. charlie

might trash that download of the s9 file. found and set anik f3. just one tp so scanned in the transponder list. got the channels there ok but then it went to amc 6 without prompting... i was pulling my hair out then except i don't have any hair on top. oh well... i was hoping to get all the satellites positioned so i could run a blind scan tonight... charlie

I have tried all the versions of the S10 firmware via the wydvb.com website and none of them work right. The clock is ALWAYS reset when you press the power button on the remote. Timer recordings very frequently fail to happen. Sometimes it will power up on time but then it won't change channels and record.
It's brain damaged.

If I don't manually press the record button I can not be certain that it will record anything. Automated recording is badly, badly broken as is the clock.

I tried the suggestions above about putting the US firmware on it then the Euro version. Didn't help, AT ALL.....

:(

I have tried all the versions of the S10 firmware via the wydvb.com website and none of them work right. The clock is ALWAYS reset when you press the power button on the remote.

I dont think the clock has ever worked properly on the S9 or S10.....so dont know why you need ot rehash the same thing that has been posted more than enough times

I dont think the clock has ever worked properly on the S9 or S10.....so dont know why you need ot rehash the same thing that has been posted more than enough times

Sorry.. I was just hoping that someone might know of some new fix to the problem. I won't mention it again. :eek:

The August firmware approved and posted here on this site seems to be best for my S10. Power on/off works, the rest noted in a "comment" on the download page to save repeating here. It did fix many issues of my "out of the box" firmware. Once again, working and approved for posting here versions seem best, and worth the wait. Updated another "out of the box" unit yesterday to match mine for a friend, and we're ready to bring another person into the FTA world! BTW my clock seems fine, if, as noted before in this forum don't kill the main power switch. The rest holds fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts