Openbox S9 record problem.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
This is for the S9 members that have a hard drive connected and record. I hooked one up and if I press "record" the rec shows up on screen. Stop it a minute or two later and check the Media Player and it recorded. So it is working. Set the silly clock in the S9, set a recording in a few minutes and wait. A message on screen announces the event timer. Have it set for, say, 5 minutes, the recording stops and the unit shuts off. Turn on and check the recording: Nothing! Did not record. So what is wrong?:confused:

RT.

I think you have to "turn it off with the remote", so that it is in standby mode, and then the event timer wakes up the stb and starts recording. You might also add a couple minutes in front of your scheduled start time, to give it time to do it all. :)

You can't turn the unit off (standby) it loses the clock, it goes back to 00:00, date too I think.
What Firmware are you using?

I think you have to "turn it off with the remote", so that it is in standby mode, and then the event timer wakes up the stb and starts recording. You might also add a couple minutes in front of your scheduled start time, to give it time to do it all. :)

Only thought there is when you turn off the receiver the clock dies. Can't see how receiver is going to start to record with a "DEAD" clock.:confused:

RT

Lak7 you were posting same time I was. It is openbox_s10_nds.abs from the manufacturer web site.

Last edited:
I suppose this is the wrong time to mention that the Manhattan actually records. I know it's a small thing, but I can see it being useful.

Great for the Man Hat. OH, guess what? If you fumble along long enough you can find the answer. I found where you have to change the word "channel" to "record." Now that makes sense.:eek: Duhaaaaaaaaaaa.. . . . .

RT.

Ummm... Unless it's changed recently, the S9 doesn't lose the time when you shut it off, it loses the time when it comes back on. So, one recording works fine, subsequent recordings won't, unless it's set to get the time from the satellite AND it's on a transponder that carries the correct time.

Ummm... Unless it's changed recently, the S9 doesn't lose the time when you shut it off, it loses the time when it comes back on. So, one recording works fine, subsequent recordings won't, unless it's set to get the time from the satellite AND it's on a transponder that carries the correct time.
Wow! If that still works, it would be great. I will have to try that out and see.

RT.

Unless it's changed recently, the S9 doesn't lose the time when you shut it off, it loses the time when it comes back on.
I did not try a timed recording, just noticed that when the unit powers up, the clock is reset.
I take it that limits it to one timed recording per day and you must reset clock?

Tested that idea. Unit came back on at the timer set time. Only problem, it would not record. Best guess is clock is OK in the "standby" state and timer turns it on but the boot kills the clock so the timer has no "idea" as to what it was to do. Gets lost w/o any info. Later I did the set the clock, set the timer, left unit and hard drive on and went to bed. It recorded 12 O'clock high w/o any problem. Guess that is the way to time shift with a goofy timer. What kind of an engineer would dream up such a device?:rolleyes:
Other than that stupid clock the S9 is a nice unit.

RT.

Last edited:
As stated before the S9 did start with the timer set but did not record. Your statement gave me an idea. I set the clock by using the user defined setting. Set the UTC for -5:00 for Eastern time. It worked on a couple of sats I tried it on. Having it set this way, you can power up and watch closely when the info screen shows. Clock is wrong for about a second and then corrects. Time set from sat. With this setup, the test recording from a shut off machine worked without any problem.:)

RT.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts