This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

opening guide from OTA = error '015'

fischmama

Original poster
Jun 20, 2004
At least once day i get a 015 error (acquiring satellite signal) and it will even hang sometimes and i have to reset it. It only happens on my 811.

It happens anytime during the day when i'm watching an OTA channel and press the button on the remote to open the guide. I already called and askd for a replacement and it does the same thing. It does not happen when i'm opening the guide from a satellite channel.

Is anybody else having the same problem or know how to fix it?

setup info:
newest software version P268
OTA signal is about 80% on most channels.
Sat. Signal is uppper 90s to lower 100s.
Quad LNB with one 811, two 311s and one 301.
811 is connected to a 50" samsung dlp.
the whole dish setup is only a few weeks old.

Yup. It's a common 811 bug. It's my number 1 complaint about the 811.

Although, to be fair, some folks complain more about the dark image from the SD outputs, or the downloading guide data locking up, or skipping frames on HD channels, or problems locking on OTA channels, or intermittant closed captioning, or the VCR event timer not working correctly, or the lack of OTA program info in the guide, or the channel recall not working for OTA channels, or Dolby Digital 5.1 not working with certain brands of audio receivers, or Dish Home not enabled, or...or...or....

The only way I know to work around this is to tune to a satellite channel before you open the guide and wait until info shows the info. Once info shows the browse bar with the show name in it, the guide will work properly every time (it might have to download) without aquiring signal.

It's still there if you watch OTA for a while (usually 30 minutes)

bjohn said:
It's still there if you watch OTA for a while (usually 30 minutes)

We watch OTA from 5-7 pm every evening, and we haven't seen that issue for quite some time.