OpenTV Announces...Extend Wink Agreement With D* ended

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
SAN FRANCISCO & TULSA, Okla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 13, 2003--OpenTV (Nasdaq:OPTV - News; Euronext Amsterdam:OPTV), one of the world's leading interactive television companies, announced this morning that, after the conclusion of Wednesday's third quarter earnings call, DirecTV notified OpenTV that it would not extend its carriage agreement with OpenTV's subsidiary, Wink Communications, on the terms last offered by OpenTV. The agreement will expire by its terms on December 22, and OpenTV expects to deactivate approximately 10.4 million of its Wink-enabled set top boxes currently deployed in DirecTV's network. For the nine months ended September 30, 2003, OpenTV's revenues attributable to Wink-enabled set top boxes deployed in DirecTV's network, such as fees from advertising, programming and licensing relationships, were approximately $1.0 million, representing approximately 2% of OpenTV's revenues for that nine month period.

ENTIRE ARTICLE HERE

I would not consider it a "big" blow. It was never effectively deployed in the first place. There were only a few channels with the interactive features. I doubt most people will even know its gone. Just my .02

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)