Opinions on this dish.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

crackt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 24, 2007
101w up north.
so buddy told me to come get this dish outta his yard. did i spend hours taking it down for nothing. i think itd be a 10 footer. all i had to measure it with was an 8 foot step ladder. it measure approx 9.5' across. the chaparral on it is no good and the actuator is worn out but it only cost me time. it says general instruments on the dish and mount.

Attachments

• IMG_4561.JPG
    IMG_4561.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_4566.JPG
    IMG_4566.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_4571.JPG
    IMG_4571.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 179
glass well over half full:

If you wanted a dish, I'd say you found a nice one.
Unless someone has had a bad track record with those, I think you got a winner.
So, you replace a servo, or LNB.
Maybe even swap out the entire feed with a CK-1 or DMX-741?
That's chump change.
You might be able to rebuild or refurbish the motor. If not, then ya get a new one.

If you choose to run it with a modern DVB receiver, then see Sadoun for a Gbox 3000.
What receiver -did- you have in mind for it??

And if you really don't want it, tell us where ya are, and we'll send someone right over. :)

well. i wanted a BUD to add to my other dishes. i have 9 sats on 2 36 static dishes feeding an emp 17x4 and a 39" dish with sg2100 and invy qp-031. all that gets fed into one of my dvb cards, neosat ipro 2000 or coolsat 6k. for fun i figured id pick up a dmx741u and a conical scaler to try some cband on my 39". i got bent on brokerage fees and after specifically not ordering the combo i still did not recieve my dielectric plate for the 741. now rob at galaxy marketing dont seem to want to answer my emails. i think ill just get this dish set up quick and sell the conical scalar. for my BUD reciever i bought a used coolsat 8100 i found for 140 bucks and was gonna use a vbox. is the 3000 better than the vbox ? all in all i have about 4 hours of dissassembly into this dish. i did cut up the pole a bit. it was too big to fit on a truck and not really my style of design. im planning to give the dish a coat of grey primer (is that cool) so it looks a little cleaner. (my neighbours already think im wackt with the six dishes i had up at one time). after i dig out some lilacs im gonna set some piles to mount it on. i also have to weld up a new pole set up and find a new actuator. after 20 years the original is pretty worn. i hope i can get it set up in a week or two so i can start feed hunting.

Very nice BUD crackt!

Defiantly a keeper!

Should make you a good one! I totally disassembled a 10 footer fiberglass one a couple weeks ago, a job but worth it!

:welcome to The Satellite Guys Dude! :up

B~Man
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

Stamped steel dishes are great if the're not warped. The motor is a JGS...very old but was a good motor in it's day...

well the actuator has about an inch of freeplay so i was gonna change it out. buddy gave me one tonight outta his junk pile. its a 36 i think and its tight. only thing is it doesnt seem to have pulse wires. it only has a v+ v- and two reed switch leads. i hookt it up to a charger and spun it all the way out. oiled it and tried to spin it back in. it wouldnt go. i took the cover off and discovered no pulse wires. reversing v+ and v- changed direction. is this actuator any good. i have also found 2 other 10 foot mesh dishes i can have for free. i even offered to teach the one guy how to use his dish and he still said i could come get it. he'd even buy me beer while i took it down. i love the prairies. when the crap weather ends and i get it set up i will post feedback.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)