Oprah Winfrey Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

egnlsn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
Taylorsville, UT
Just got an E-mail today that included the following: "Effective the week of April 1, 2013, the OWN Network (Oprah Winfrey Network) will only be available on base packages of CHOICE and above. OWN is also scheduled to be launched in High Definition later this Spring." (italics added)

So now we know another HD addition that is in the works...

So if I understand correct they are taking it out of Entertainment. Any chance there is a link you can post off that email, or a screenshot so I can update the channel packages list.

Just got an E-mail today that included the following: "Effective the week of April 1, 2013, the OWN Network (Oprah Winfrey Network) will only be available on base packages of CHOICE and above. OWN is also scheduled to be launched in High Definition later this Spring." (italics added)

So now we know another HD addition that is in the works...

Do I need to sign up somewhere to get email like that from them? I never get email from Directv and I am a long time subscriber. Plus I have the entertainment package so this should be relevant to me.

Do I need to sign up somewhere to get email like that from them? I never get email from Directv and I am a long time subscriber. Plus I have the entertainment package so this should be relevant to me.

You'll need to go to your D* account online and sign up for them, theres a wide variety of areas that they will email you about, but you choose which.

I don't know if you need to sign up to receive E-mails such as this. I would think that they would send it to everyone that is affected. I probably did sign up several years ago, but, I don't remember. It could be in your profile that you can set it up. I get my bill every month, but I also get weekly movie guides, special offers, etc.

I don't know if you need to sign up to receive E-mails such as this. I would think that they would send it to everyone that is affected. I probably did sign up several years ago, but, I don't remember. It could be in your profile that you can set it up. I get my bill every month, but I also get weekly movie guides, special offers, etc.

Maybe you have to be signed up for paperless, I don't remember.

My guess is they would only send something like this to Entertainment package customers, they really are the only ones affected.

Not that I will miss the OWN network; but is taking away channels a common occurrence with D*. I have had the service for a week and they already took away a channel

Not that I will miss the OWN network; but is taking away channels a common occurrence with D*. I have had the service for a week and they already took away a channel

no. The last channel they did was Cloo and that was over a year ago (went from Xtra to Ultimate). I can't think of another example.

no. The last channel they did was Cloo and that was over a year ago (went from Xtra to Ultimate). I can't think of another example.

Thanks. That is good to know. I was planning on moving up to Choice in 2 years when I renew. That way I would have something to deal with to get a deal possibly.

Make sure to check your spam, that's where mine went until I moved them to the inbox

What is this "Oprah" you speak of? I've never watched that show/channel and more than likely never will! I don't need someone to tell me how to live or what book to read. Nor do I need someone to give me a car as a bribe to watch!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)