Opted out of a new HDTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Ahh I can just list them all.

1. Main H/T Den: 106" Da-lite Mod-C HC White

2. Playroom: 92" Elite MaxWhite

3: Bedroom: 84" Elite MaxWhite

#1 is a Sanyo PLV-Z5

#2 & #3 were bundle purchased; #2 is a Sanyo PLV-Z3 and #3 is a Mits HC1500 (the one referenced as the low cost example)

Gotta ask- who do you recommend at that price level? It looks like Samsung no longer makes FPTVs, and at the prices you mention, we sure aren't talking JVC! Sony, Sharp, Optoma and InFocus are way higher in price, too. Actually, I found a Sony 720p for $850, and an Epson 480 for a hundred less. Neither appeal. Most prices are over, often well over, a thousand.

Screens start at around $150 and rapidly get a lot closer to $1,000.

OK, while I was slowly typing, I see you answered my questions. Now to do more research.

I see prices have gone up a bit, but not too much. But they're all 720 units. 1080 courts quite a premium. But thanks for the info.

Of course, I should have just read your signature.

Samsung? Not sure how they got into the discussion.

Those units above are all top reviewers and top quality units, a bit of research would have shown that (not sure what you are implying) AND they were purchased well BEFORE anything 1080P of need really exists or at least is relevant; which it isn't yet. When 1080p becomes relevant I will upgrade my main den H/T to the PLV-Z2000 or whatever the current model crop is at that time that meets my needs. My bedroom and kid's playroom will be at least a year behind that.

Gotta ask- who do you recommend at that price level?

I think Dfergie as this unit as well.

Amazon.com: Mitsubishi HC1500 720p DLP Home Theater Projector: Electronics

Price: $808.77 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping

You can usually find FPTV, screen and extra lamp bundles and free shipping deals. BUT

Elite M84UWH Manual Series-Home Cinema Projection Screens from Visual Apex

(not sure what your room needs are but example:) Elite Manual Series-Home Cinema Projection Screen $62.00 ($90 shipped)

Nah not me,... rocky just fired up a HC1500 though, I have it's older brother the HD1000U which looks identical and specs are close... had mine since late November of '06 and have 2088 hours on it... still looks great!(due to room size--73" screen)

OK sorry, I knew you had a Mits and forgot it was Rocky that had the newer version. At least we 3 can vouch for it quality and use.

I also failed to mention above that some users prefer the "screen paint" thus drastically reducing that cost.

Alright. I want all of you to raise your right hands, and swear (or affirm) that what I am about to divulge to you, you will never reveal to my wife! ;)

We went "shopping" today because we needed a new TV stand for the bedroom. Had to add a receiver to get a radio that has a coax connection to the rooftop antenna, so we get decent enough reception in the bedroom. And for better AQ for TV/movies. No room for it on the current stand. Just so happens, the stand we found not only has plenty of room for all the electronics, and is wide open for ventilation, it also just happens to have an attachment that goes on the back to mount your (future) flat screen HDTV on.

And we just happened to also stop by a local electronics store (where I bought my Klipschs) that had a traveling Panasonic show outside in trailers, with various plasmas and LCDs. And then, since we went to BB anyway, to check on some electronics for her mother, we wandered over to where they, lo and behold! - Had a 46" Samsung A650! And more Panny's.

The plasmas looked good- real good. When fed a Blu-ray image. With OTA and other sources, not so good, in comparison to other HDTVs. But the Sammy looked pretty darn good no matter what. Wife agrees. But she also thinks some other, much cheaper LCDs, looked about as good.

Now I guess I'm in a waiting game, waiting for a miracle to occur and the price drop below $1800 again. I might talk her into it.

Meanwhile, we're close to agreement on the layout of the new kitchen ........ :eek:

Navy. I will not say a word.:)

I have the Sammy 650 and you cannot go wrong with this one. The blacks are very close to a Pioneer Kuro and the pq is the best out there.

The 650 and 750 look great(Kuro black, I disagree). If you do consider a Panny 8 series plasma, make sure when you evaluate it in store, its set to CINEMA mode.

1080p bd's look great on mine, and most of the Dish HD only pack stuff looks good, just waiting on a calibration now.l

From what Ive read, you wont regret either a 750 or a XBR5. I personally am very interested in what the XBR8 will bring, but Im so happy with the 85u I wont buy another tv until OLED is feasible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)