Option to buy Direct equipment & avoid contract?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DarkJedi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
NY
I recently left Dish for Time Warner so I could watch my Mets. We real fans don't care if they are losing, even though Charlie thinks they're worth less if they lose. I did pay Dish an ETF because I was under contract because I had signed up for the free HD for life thing. At any rate, I could have Direct bundled with Verizon and pay less and get more than I get with Time Warner. Plus, Time Warner's menu is a nightmare. Really. It's unbelievable people tolerate it. Maybe they just don't know what they're missing.

With Dish, if you bought your equipment you could avoid being under contract (should have just paid the $99 to Dish for the HD). Is Direct similar? I've become averse to these tricky contracts now.

With D*, if your getting current equipment (HD), the contract starts when you activate the access card, doesn't matter what equipment.

If you deciding to get D*, order everything you may need when you do the initial order, you'll get better deal while a NEW sub.

It is tricky but you can do it if you do the following pay full retail for all the equipment 500 for hddvr 300 hd 400 dvr pay for the install and then no discounts then the answer is yes. but it always better just to do the two years and be done with it .

It is tricky but you can do it if you do the following pay full retail for all the equipment 500 for hddvr 300 hd 400 dvr pay for the install and then no discounts then the answer is yes. but it always better just to do the two years and be done with it .
ETF is less on a leased system than the cost of a purchased HDDVR. Don't mistake the lease upgrade fee for a purchase fee.

ETF is less on a leased system than the cost of a purchased HDDVR. Don't mistake the lease upgrade fee for a purchase fee.

Yes full retail that i posted above is more then the ETF of 480 hence why I saide it better to just do the two years and be done with it .

but the 500 is full retail owned price if customer insist on owning the equipment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts