Options for sound on Mercury II

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dr. Pepper 6044

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 10, 2010
South Georgia
Hello,

Haven't been on here for a long time. I'm glad to see the HDVR1200 now shipping.

I have a user who has a Fortec Star Mercury II. He is relatively unhappy with it overall. He speaks french, so has added 4 french speaking channels, 154, Tele Congo; 163, ORTB; 77, Tele Anacona; and 127, ORTM.
His issue is that he can't get audio on Channel 111 ADTV.

Question 1: Is it possible to reprogram something to get the audio on this channel?

I have a MicroHD that gets all but one of his desired channels. I feel sure I can program this receiver to get all he wants.

Question 2: Would the MicroHD work with all the Glorystar channels as well as those he wants?

I also have a 200c available to him.

Question 3: Would this receiver work with al Glorystar channels as well as those he wants?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Bill

Which channel can't you get with the microHD?

ORTB is the only channel he wants that is not on microHD. If I could get that channel on microHD, I'd leave that one with him.
Just another comment/question: Evidently some receivers are 'FTA' and some are not. It seems to me that his MercuryII is fta as is the microHD. Is the GSP 200c fta? If not, does that mean we can't get those other channels there?

Thx.

Yep you should get them all on the mircoHD just fine. Not sure about the Merc, been a long time since I had one. The 200 can be used for GS or FTA.

Place the Fortec Star Mercury II receiver on ADTV and press the audio key. Sometimes a customer changes the audio selection or the volume offset for a single channel. If this doesn't work, delete ADTB and rescan 11842 transponder.

Thanks, Brian and Michael.

I left the microHD with the user and he is very happy with it.

I will get his MercII and try it out.

I have a new request (contact through installer list on GS) for more French speaking channels up near Atlanta. I don't have another microHD, but do have a 200c. I should know how to do FTA and choose those channels on it. Is there a recipe for doing FTA on the 200c? It is probably quite easy.

Thanks again,

Bill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)