Orbital Positions

meoddity

Original poster
Sep 20, 2004
Catlin, IL
Quick question......What degree elevation does the satellite signal come hit the reflector plate.....in other words....looking through my inclometer what degree elevation should i look for in clearing trees, buildings, etc....

thanks,

rob

Most 18" are 24 degrees offset. The larger dishes have a smaller offset, my 90cm fta has a 21 degree offset. If you are talking about a dish 500 it is probably somewhere in between.

Depends on where you are. Use your Point Dish screen to find out. There's other ways if you need them - like if you're too far north to have a zip code. ;)

Note that the dish face itself will appear to be looking around 20 degrees lower than it really is. Eyeball the angle from the LNB to the reflector and you'll see why. :)

its a 105 superdish....i'm just asking what degree the signal comes in from the satellite....in my area we set the elevation at 41 degrees and the skew at 109 but i know the signal comes in at a much higher degree then that....also if you know where i could find a printout of an orbital map, i'd appreciate it...thanks

rob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)