Orby Channels Active Again?

so I did notice on my new Orby satellite receiver that on the setup screen, clicking "Exit" on the satellite screen where people are stuck will trigger the receiver to exit and go to some weird gray screen. I also noticed that when I put in code from another DVR on a flash drive and put the flash drive in the receiver upon startup, it just hung at the green light and didn't do anything, not sure if this helps but just felt like posting...

Reactions: amstereo
And maybe convert to Pluto like satellite FTA TV service.

Who's know what going to happen next! :clapping :hungry:hatsoff

This article explains some of the mystery surrounding the new FTA channels. Yes, noticed “UT” in front of the satellite channel names on my Amiko FTA receiver, connected and parked on ORBY TV’s satellite at 116.8W. Uplinker UT is using the first transponder 11940, vertical polarity, where the second one at 11980 is not on-air. Those new FTA channels are slotted in between some of the old ORBY channel numbers in the lower 100’s.
I don’t know how UT is paying for the satellite uplink time. These FTA channels must be supplementing part or most of that air time payment?
ORBY TV paid some of their bills, like Globecast, yet did not pay EUTELSAT for the last few months of service.
UT had better pay attention to the domain expiration date of 08/25/21 if they wish to keep ORBYTV web site up. Otherwise, the vultures will grab it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: N5XZS
Well, I dug out one of my Orby receivers that we had previously used with their service. I no longer have a dish pointed at that satellite so I bumped our motorized one over to 116.8, connected the coax to the Orby and turned it on. At first all the old channel slots were there (with nothing on them of course). After being connected for a few minutes the new channels populated and the old ones went away. I did not do a reset of any kind but simply hooked my previously programmed receiver to a dish pointed at 116.8 and, voila, there they were! If a more varied selection of channels starts appearing I may have to move a dish back there! :D

I discovered that the same address listed on Dun & Bradstreet for KIWISAT LLC is the exact same address listed for UPcom Technologies and DISITRON.
19000 NE 5th AVENUE
MIAMI, FL 33179

UPcom Technologies and DISITRON just purchased the intellectual property, surplus equipment from ORBY TV’s bankruptcy for pennies on the dollar.

So something may be afloat for more than religious channels occupying ORBY’s old transponders. Hmmmm.

Last edited:
I discovered that the same address listed on Dun & Bradstreet for KIWISAT LLC is the exact same address listed for UPcom Technologies and DISITRON.
19000 NE 5th AVENUE
MIAMI, FL 33179

UPcom Technologies and DISITRON just purchased the intellectual property, surplus equipment from ORBY TV’s bankruptcy for pennies on the dollar.

So something may be afloat for more than religious channels occupying ORBY’s old transponders. Hmmmm.
I hope so. Could be they are hoping to offer service further north in the US. :hungry2

I hope so. Could be they are hoping to offer service further north in the US. :hungry2

It would be relatively easy to add back the former ORBY TV channels on 116.8W satellite, if the uplink for KIWISAT and DISITRON are indeed originating from UNITED TELEPORTS in south Florida. That may indeed be planned. Expand KIWISAT footprint further up into USA.
IMG_6814.jpg

IMG_6813.jpg

Reactions: Tvland1 and FTA4PA
lol I still have my orby satellite receiver stuck on setup so if anyone is able to bypass it without connecting to a satellite lemme know. I wanted to try using a USB drive but on startup the green LED hung. I'm not sure how the Ethernet process works but I know that the receiver I got from eBay had an OLD box and was in NEW condition and everything was sealed, including the receiver.

lol I still have my orby satellite receiver stuck on setup so if anyone is able to bypass it without connecting to a satellite lemme know. I wanted to try using a USB drive but on startup the green LED hung. I'm not sure how the Ethernet process works but I know that the receiver I got from eBay had an OLD box and was in NEW condition and everything was sealed, including the receiver.
You don't happen to know someone else who had the Orby service near you that did not remove their dish yet? The signal to activate your receiver would still be available that way. As far as I know the ethernet port was reserved for future use and had nothing to do with the activation process so the 116.8 satellite is the only way to go at this point.

If you are near a 'satellite guy' with a dish that can access the satellite you could connect it to their dish long enough to activate as well. Not sure, but I believe others here had disconnected from the satellite once activated and their receivers continued working for the DVR/OTA portion. Worth a try. :)

Last edited:
everyone in my development has DIRECTV or DISH Network lol. I'll be fine with waiting until the geeks come up with a trick to bypass the screen, hopefully pretty soon.

Reactions: FTA4PA
It would be relatively easy to add back the former ORBY TV channels on 116.8W satellite, if the uplink for KIWISAT and DISITRON are indeed originating from UNITED TELEPORTS in south Florida. That may indeed be planned. Expand KIWISAT footprint further up into USA. View attachment 153234
View attachment 153235

amstereo.. thanks for the great work on the info...I emailed kiwisat Friday with the information you posted and asked if there was any future plans on expanding using orby's old sat location.. Haven't heard anything back from them..I really didn't think I would but at least they know we are waiting.. LoL..I also remember emailing orby a few weeks before they went belly-up when the receivers showed up at BB as closeout and they responded that they had no plans of shutting down also.. Maybe a few more people emailing them could get a response?

Have a look at the Kiwisat website, looks like they changed everything up and now claim to be better than DIRECTV and DISH. Maybe they are planning RN? LOL this is good...

Just called Kiwisat and the guy said that the company DID INDEED buy all of Orby TV’s things and are planning to use Orby’s sat to expand in the future. Doesn’t seem to be of priority right now. So maybe at the beginning of 2022??!
That doesn't necessarily mean they are going to expand further NORTH though. So, we'll have to wait and see.

Well, their service area is currently the Caribbean with a bit of overlap into the lower US. The satellite they provide this service on, SES 10, covers the Caribbean and only a tiny portion of the US.

The satellite they just purchased the rights to using transponders on that Orby used to use, Eutelsat 117 (116.8) has a ku beam that covers the entire US, some of lower Canada and only a tiny bit of the Caribbean.

So, one would be lead to believe that the US is where they will be expanding their coverage. Only time will tell. :rolleyes

Reactions: Tvland1
Good news, I just got my NEVER ACTIVATED AND NEW IN BOX Orby satellite receiver non DVR just activated by a friend with a Ku band Dish. My last question is if there is a possibility that it could get stuck on the satellite screen again once it’s activated? Thanks! I heard there’s a way to factory reset the receiver and wanted to know if that’s how it can get BRICKED per say because I don’t have a dish.

Reactions: Tvland1 and FTA4PA
Good news, I just got my NEVER ACTIVATED AND NEW IN BOX Orby satellite receiver non DVR just activated by a friend with a Ku band Dish. My last question is if there is a possibility that it could get stuck on the satellite screen again once it’s activated? Thanks! I heard there’s a way to factory reset the receiver and wanted to know if that’s how it can get BRICKED per say because I don’t have a dish.
Good to hear! Yes, if you do a reset you will likely need access to a dish again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts