SOLD!! Orby DVR, Dish, and TV antenna

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

N6BY

Geek
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 1, 2006
Roseville, CA 121W
I'm selling my Orby DVR which is in "like new" condition for $100 plus shipping. I paid $200 for it earlier this year.

Also selling my Orby Dish and terrestrial antenna for $25 plus shipping. Note: The dish does not include a mounting pole.

Send me a message with your zip code for a shipping quote (my actual cost).

OrbyDVR.jpg

Last edited:
This is a replacement DVR that Orby sent me. The first one needed a power cycle every couple of days when the DVR functions stopped working.

I tried this new DVR and did not have any problems with the DVR functions. However, I did not use it very much since I switched to Dish Network about a month ago and that has been my primary receiver.

I noticed that they updated the software last month. Maybe it was a software issue?

This Orby DVR and Dish are 'on hold' now. I am trying to give it to a friend to do a review here.

FYI, it’s likely Not worth your time to sell the dish considering the amount of packaging and possible damage if it’s not packed right.

I stopped shipping dishes unless I had the original box and packaging.
I do have the original box and packaging. But I don't have the pole it came with. Also I had to do some cutting on the mount to make it fit a slightly smaller pole made from PVC.

But the shipping cost for the dish is likely to be cost prohibitive. Maybe I'll put it on Craigslist instead.

As for the DVR -- I don't know if they fixed the problem where it locks up after a couple of days of use of the DVR functions. At this point the only way to find out would be to re-subscribe to Orby for a month and I don't want to do that.

Based on the lack of response here, I don't think anyone wants the DVR.

I might just take out the hard drive and use it for a computer with a failed drive.

I do have the original box and packaging. But I don't have the pole it came with. Also I had to do some cutting on the mount to make it fit a slightly smaller pole made from PVC.

But the shipping cost for the dish is likely to be cost prohibitive. Maybe I'll put it on Craigslist instead.

As for the DVR -- I don't know if they fixed the problem where it locks up after a couple of days of use of the DVR functions. At this point the only way to find out would be to re-subscribe to Orby for a month and I don't want to do that.

Based on the lack of response here, I don't think anyone wants the DVR.

I might just take out the hard drive and use it for a computer with a failed drive.

Post it on Facebook Marketplace. Lots of action there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)