Orby Ota Guide request

patcoghm

Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
Sparks, NV
Have the system up and running on my main TV in the living room. Works as expected. Wish the menu had a choice to remove channels from the guide so the are not visible. When the OTA locals are scanned it reproduces duplicates, IE 8.1, 8.2, and 8.3 then makes a second set numbered 8.4, 8.5, and 8.6. One set is weak and breaks up while the other is a solid signal and the guide info pairs with one set of the 3 channels for channel 8 in my are. In other words it picks up ghost channels. We need a way to delete these ghost channels from the guide and show the good strong set. Also the satellite channels should also be able to be hidden or removed from the guide. You can block channels but can't remove or totally hide them and they show in the channel guide. That is my one complaint so far. Good to see the self install antenna kit.

the second set is probably a repeater broadcasting from different tower on different frequency to serve a different area than you. Some stations around me have 3 of them.

Reactions: k.r.
Mine does the same thing. We have a local UHF repeated on VHF here. I have a good signal on both.

I just got up and running with OrbyTV and created a Favorites Channel list in the Settings. Just use that to hide everything else.

I also did the Favorites list but its not default so when you push guide again it goes to the all List. Make it open the list to the last selected or with a default box and check mark which list to always open for guide and channel scanning. But the real problem is using the channel Up and Down buttons to scan the channels which I use more then a favorites list. Any and all channels appear which includes $50.00 upgrade channels, Unsubscribed movie channels, and channels I never want to see such Spanish channels. But the OTA Local channels which scans duplicates and weak and Spanish channels that I don't also want will appear. The ALL CHANNEL List should be the non default or last choice, not the first. This default list of ALL CHANNELS defeats the favorite list feature by default. Reverse logic. Obvious if you have a favorite list means that is what you want and if no Favorite list is made then the obvious would be the ALL CHANNELS list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)