Orby OTA integration

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
Just curious if anyone is using the OTA integration features of Orby. Specifically:

• Can you search for OTA shows in the program guide?
  • Can you record a series of shows?
  • Can you record only "new" episodes?
  • How long does it let you keep recordings?
  • How sensitive is the tuner?
Basically, my angle here is to determine if the Orby box could be a suitable OTA recording solution without actually having the $40/month Orby service.

You would probably be better off getting series 3 or premiere TiVo with lifetime service. Can find lifetime S3's $100 to $150 premieres about the same, can put up to 2TB drive in S3's larger in premieres.

You would probably be better off getting series 3 or premiere TiVo with lifetime service. Can find lifetime S3's $100 to $150 premieres about the same, can put up to 2TB drive in S3's larger in premieres.

While I appreciate the thought, I am still curious about this particular functionality of the Orby STB.

I hear the OTA tuners in the Premiere's suck. The one's in my Roamio have been exceptional. As good as the one in my LG tv set, and that one is stellar.

Any new information on the DVR?

I am really interested to know if the DVR and guide work for OTA *without* a subscription to Orby. I have been considering getting a OTA DVR and canceling my current Dish Network programming. If the Orby receiver works as a OTA DVR without a subscription, then I would have the option to add Orby programming later.

Any new information on the DVR?

I am really interested to know if the DVR and guide work for OTA *without* a subscription to Orby. I have been considering getting a OTA DVR and canceling my current Dish Network programming. If the Orby receiver works as a OTA DVR without a subscription, then I would have the option to add Orby programming later.

That's been my curiosity, also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)