Orby Supplied dish better than Winegard

Mister B

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 3, 2008
El Paso County Texas
Originally I purchased my own Winegard 76 cm dish and GeosatPro Pll-1 LNB thinking it would give me a superior signal to the dish that Orby supplies. I never got better than a Signal Strength of 91 and a Signal Margin of 84. Today I accepted the $25 offer for the Orby supplied equipment and am getting a (slightly fluctuating) SS of 91 and SM also of 91. This may be of no significant difference but I suppose there would be no need for anyone to choose their own equipment looking for improved signal. I did not realize that the entire Orby dish is skewed as opposed to just the LNB on a standard FTA dish. Could this be the reason for improved performance?
Of an interesting side note, the installer just realized that his signal meter had gone out as he arrived and said that he was going to need my help. I said, "what, call signal strength numbers out the window"? That is how we pointed the dish, the old fashioned way. I bet he was glad he had a customer who did not become perplexed by the situation.

Reactions: FTA4PA
SS 91 SM 91 Seems to the installer got the alignment right. I am useing a DTV slimline with standard lnbf and best I could get is SS 85 SM 75.

Reactions: FTA4PA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts