Orby TV OTA EPG data through satellite or local signal?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The satellite channel EPG data is provided by satellite and the terrestrial channel EPG via terrestrial. The satellite data stream does not contain any type of data for the terrestrial channels.

How is he able to receive 2 weeks worth of EPG data for terrestrial channels? I have not seen PSIP data extend more than 2-3 days maximum.

Reactions: TheKrell
FWIW, I contacted several locals and politely requested that they increase PSIP data. The result was one of two:

1. No response whatsoever

2. "We'll look in to it."

None of them increased it.

Reactions: TheKrell
How is he able to receive 2 weeks worth of EPG data for terrestrial channels? I have not seen PSIP data extend more than 2-3 days maximum.
Titanium wasn't lying. The PSIP standard provides for up to 128 events (per subchannel) though the minimum is 4 and the recommendation is for 24.

That you're local yokels support fewer is a local problem.

FWIW, I contacted several locals and politely requested that they increase PSIP data. The result was one of two:

1. No response whatsoever

2. "We'll look in to it."

None of them increased it.

Try contacting them again through Facebook MESSAGE on their Facebook page. I've done that a couple times also, and got much faster action, especially during our Repack time, and giving them feedback on things that weren't right. They fixed the issues right up, and contacted me back to let me know they appreciated the feedback.

The satellite channel EPG data is provided by satellite and the terrestrial channel EPG via terrestrial. The satellite data stream does not contain any type of data for the terrestrial channels.

Upon further consideration this is no doubt correct. I must say that I am impressed with my locals channels if they are providing two weeks worth of guide information and it is not being seen in larger markets. I love El Paso but as a mid-sized market we are simply a stepping stone for TV personnel both in front of and behind the camera. I just get used to one news anchor or meteorologist and they announce they are moving on to Dallas or Houston.
As far as the guide being correct for the ION affiliate with Orby and wrong on my TV that could be explained by the fact that the time is defininatly provided by satellite as initial set-up requires identification of time zone and whether we observe day light changes. I also came across a hint somewhere that our ION station is actually a relay of one in California.
Actually, I have put my Orby subscription on "pause" for the month anyways. I plan to be out of town later and while I am here I can just catch up on my DVDs. There is also the issue I am discussing on the thread, "DVR will not extend recordings".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)