Orby will not display on hdmi on my samsung tv.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

solarvic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 17, 2019
Hadley, pa.
I didn,t know which forum to use for this problem. My orby will not work on hdmi output to my big screen old samsung. First I tryed a different cable without success. Connected it to a small tv I got last year and orby worked on it. tryed original cable and it worked. So tryed the samsung tv with both cables and the hdmi still didn,t work. Next I connected composit from orby to old tv and it works. I only have 3 hdmi imputs on old tv. My trouble seemed to happen after I added the nvidi player. nvida player uses 1 hdmi and my roku soundbar uses another hdmi and I had orby connected to other hdmi. Tryed unpluging all hdmi ports except orby and tv still couldn,t find orby. Tonight I connected my sx88 satelite receiver ant the tv reconized that receiver. So the hdmi seems to work on hdmi from the other receiver but orby will not connect. Do that sound like a problem with the orby receiver or the samsung? Watched a youtube vidio where a guy had an old samsung that one of the hdmi ports quit working. Since tv only had 2 hdmi ports before that one went bad he came up with a new solution. He got an hdmi to vga converter and then he could use his other hdmi equipment. He said it will display 1080 p on the vga. This old samsung I have is a 67 inch dlp with the led projector bulbs and the picture is really good. Speakers went bad so I got the roku sound bar works well but has taken over sound control from tv, and orby. Even if you have roku turned off the remote is still needed to control sound as the volume up and down button still works .

I didn,t know which forum to use for this problem. My orby will not work on hdmi output to my big screen old samsung. First I tryed a different cable without success. Connected it to a small tv I got last year and orby worked on it. tryed original cable and it worked. So tryed the samsung tv with both cables and the hdmi still didn,t work. Next I connected composit from orby to old tv and it works. I only have 3 hdmi imputs on old tv. My trouble seemed to happen after I added the nvidi player. nvida player uses 1 hdmi and my roku soundbar uses another hdmi and I had orby connected to other hdmi. Tryed unpluging all hdmi ports except orby and tv still couldn,t find orby. Tonight I connected my sx88 satelite receiver ant the tv reconized that receiver. So the hdmi seems to work on hdmi from the other receiver but orby will not connect. Do that sound like a problem with the orby receiver or the samsung? Watched a youtube vidio where a guy had an old samsung that one of the hdmi ports quit working. Since tv only had 2 hdmi ports before that one went bad he came up with a new solution. He got an hdmi to vga converter and then he could use his other hdmi equipment. He said it will display 1080 p on the vga. This old samsung I have is a 67 inch dlp with the led projector bulbs and the picture is really good. Speakers went bad so I got the roku sound bar works well but has taken over sound control from tv, and orby. Even if you have roku turned off the remote is still needed to control sound as the volume up and down button still works .
Did you try connecting the Orby to one of the HDMI ports that you know worked ok for the Nvidia and Roku? What resolution is the Orby receiver set to (720p, 1080i, 1080p)? Could be the old Samsung doesn't support the resolution Orby is currently set to.

What is the highest resolution your old Samsung will display?

Yes I connected orby to tv hdmi that works on roku and tryed nv idia port also with both of the others disconected . Tryed all three ports and orby will not connect but orby will connect to other tv. The samsung tv has one anynet+ hdmi. I think that maybe the other ports turned into anynet+ hdmi ports. Because I tryed what the owners manual decribed to do but I still think all 3 hdmi are anynet+. When I left one of the hdmi ports disconnected and reset the tv The roku sound bar connected to the right port it was connected to and when I went to the unconnected port it searched for signal and displayed roku. and the nvidi port also connected. So I unpluged all the hdmi and reset the tv. Ireconnected all the hdmi ports including orby. When I tryed hdmi orby port the tv did not find any signal so labeled it a roku port. My tv was the top dlp tv in 2008 and does display 1080 p.

My tv was the top dlp tv in 2008 and does display 1080 p.
Even though the tv supports 1080p maybe try 1080i or even 720p on the Orby. I had a FTA receiver that could output 1080p and the tv supported 1080p but it wasn't stable for one reason or another and I had to fall back to 720p. That HDMI handshake can be a pain in the butt. :(

Reactions: TRG and KE4EST
I have had this orby receiver since last fall and it always worked till now. I will try the760 p. if that is the only way to get it to work on hdmi impur then I might as well keep it connected to composite as It looks ok to me. I have another orby that I never connected yet so might see if I can get it to display on that tv. If it will I guess I will need to contact orby. I do not have the receipt to prove when I bought it.

I have had this orby receiver since last fall and it always worked till now. I will try the760 p. if that is the only way to get it to work on hdmi impur then I might as well keep it connected to composite as It looks ok to me. I have another orby that I never connected yet so might see if I can get it to display on that tv. If it will I guess I will need to contact orby. I do not have the receipt to prove when I bought it.
Well, if it works 720p is still better than composite. :) I have never been a big fan of HDMI but I guess it was needed so they could implement copy protection. :rolleyes

Reactions: Cosmo Blatz
I found this hdmi to dvi adapter i have. need to find the little audio cable that works with it and I will see if I can get 1080 p or I to work. I also will look in my owners manual to see if tv has 1080 I or if it might be 1080 p. Michel might have the solution. My tv might be just a 1080 i

Reactions: KE4EST
I had bought a second orby receiver but never installed it yet. So this morning I unconnected the one that wouldn,t work on the hdmi. and connected the new unused one and it displayed to hdmi on my samsung tv and downloaded everything. So it is the orby receiver that has the problem. I got company for the weekend so just reconnected the old orby to my tv with composite connection. Next week after my company goes home I will contact orby.

Reactions: FTA4PA
It would seem so. Keep us updated on what Orby does to resolve your issue!

Update on my orby receiver. I called orby and told them receiver wouldn,t display hdmi to my tv. I had another orby receiver that I never activated yet that displayed hdmi on my tv. So they activated that one for me and said they are replacing the one that doesn,t work on hdmi and I send the old one back. Can,t ask for any better service than that. I like my orby receiver because the sub is low priced and I do not have to pay for a lot of unwanted channels. Aditionally tryed connecting to the pc imput with an adapter and it will not work on my tv. Says it is not suported.

Update on my orby receiver. I called orby and told them receiver wouldn,t display hdmi to my tv. I had another orby receiver that I never activated yet that displayed hdmi on my tv. So they activated that one for me and said they are replacing the one that doesn,t work on hdmi and I send the old one back. Can,t ask for any better service than that. I like my orby receiver because the sub is low priced and I do not have to pay for a lot of unwanted channels. Aditionally tryed connecting to the pc imput with an adapter and it will not work on my tv. Says it is not suported.
Good to hear that they are making it right for you. :)

I did receive the new orby satelite receiver but couldn,t test the new receiver as I broke the coax wire going to the satelite dish with my zero turn lawnmower. Dish was mounted temporary to a pipe that I had that was over about 110 feet of solid quad wire. I had a direct tv dish that I no longer used that had about 40 foot of steel copper coated coax wire and that was already there. I had the direct tv dish mount on the sidewall of my bilco celler door and the door could open far enough to contact the dish. The direct tv mount pipe diameter was smaller than the orby dish. Shimmed the diameter to adapt to the larger dia that I needed for the orby dish. And ended up with a pipe about 10 inches higher so the bilko door couldn,t hit the orby dish. The older steel core wire has a slightly stronger reading and works well probably because the wire is a lot shorter now. Got the newer receiver connected noew and the other one connected also, So can return the broken receiver. I reconnected the broke receiver that won,t display hdmi and it still won,t display hdmi but still works well with composite. In a way I would like to keep the broken receiver but my better judgement is to send it back since they had faith in me to advance me the new receiver. So I am preety satisfied with orby.

Reactions: Foxbat and FTA4PA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)