Orby working but goes out when cloudy

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JBW

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 1, 2018
NE Texas
So I have had Orby for a little over a month. I am running a 30-31" dish with the proper lnb (single). Every time the weather is cloudy I loose signal. The best I have gotten a SM of 54 and signal strength of 85. When cloudy it goes to 0, 0. It is a direct line of coax with no splitters. Is it to small of a dish? If so how big is the stock dish that orby provides with the self install kit?

Orbys signal is pretty strong. I have had no issues here or any of my friends that have it. Only time I have seen an issue was a really hard down pour for a few minutes. May be time to check your system.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Orbys signal is pretty strong. I have had no issues here or any of my friends that have it. Only time I have seen an issue was a really hard down pour for a few minutes. May be time to check your system.
Michael, are you using the Orby dish or something else?

Myself, I am using something else, but I know people that have the Orby dish and it seems to work fine.

I'm using Orby dish and it's been working fine for me.. even in some pretty heavy rains not dropping out

A 3rd party dish offers more adjustment that can either peak or degrade the Signal Quality readings.

Is the LNBF skew rotation set to the optimized angle to optimize the SM reading? LNBF slid towards or away from reflector to optimize the SM reading? Has the reflector been checked for warping (fortune cookie shape)?

A 30" reflector with proper LNBF placement and skew should probide a much higher signal quality reading.

Reactions: KE4EST
I have messed with the LNB and got about the same readings there see to be only 3 or 4 degree play on the skew without changing readings if it goes out of the 3-4 degrees play I totally loose signal. The skew right now is a little under 30 degrees. The LNB is slid almost all the way back from the reflector.

There is a full line of sight. The LNB arm have a 1/2 inch movement I think that is what it is. The dish has a bad design for the arm (no stabilizers with one bolt holding it on).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)