Ordered a Denon AVR1701 Refurb

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ussexplroer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2007
I ordered for what I assume is a good price a Denon AVR1701 Refurb (they call it recertified now) sterio receiver. It has all the inputs I'm looking for except phono. I have a older record player so I need to get a conversion or newer player that does both ceramic or magnetic. (One is for amped out and the other is normal line level out). All the older record players like the one I got from like the 70's is Magnetic I believe and is over amped for newer Systems.

This seems to be a better choice receiver I was looking at compaired to a onko. The onko was 99.00/5.1 and this was 124.00/7.1 system with more inputs.

The place I ordered it from is called ecost.com. They seems to specialize in tons of recertified/opened/whitebox items. They go back to the mfg for warrenty on items that are recertified. I checked under Denon. There is a 800 number listed with a e-mail.

My experiance with refurb stuff is mostly good. Just don't purchase monitors. Had horrible experaince with refurb computer monitors. Audio equiptment and such. I have had a pretty good run. Only had one product that was a all in one sterio. (Why I don' do this). That the cd player stopped working in and the CD laser was almost as much as the system.

The shipping was $28.00 for ground. Sending it via DHL from I assume texas. At least that is were they are based out of. I got a tracking number too. So when it ships I can track the pkg.

I'll follow up on this if I remeber too. I expect the receiver to be in hopefully no later than late next week. I finally ordered a sat receiver and it has digital out too. Needed something with 2 digital inputs and I'm not talking coax.

Later,

Josh

Congrats, ecost is where I got my "recertified" onkyo 605 from. Its current selling for $399 on clearance at B&M's and I got it for $280 shipped from ecost.

Well here is a update

The update after calling them over and over again. They couldn't verify the billing address. This is what ecost calls there security from there credit department.

I order the item last thursday. Get a call thursday to call them. I call friday evening. They are closed. SO I call saturday. The guy told me what was needed. So I told him the two addresses. The one the billing address is at and the shipping address. He said everything looked okay.

Monday comes around and still nothing. This time the charge is removed from the card. WTF. So I called them again. They told me to call my bank. This was wensday. So I didn't call the bank. Thinking they was crazy.

So I call them thursday. explain what was up. Told him there was one other address. But it was 3 years old. That I never had the debit card for that address or even the bank account. But I gave them the address.

So that did it. Whoever they was getting there information from was 3 years outdated. They did ship the receiver. But I don't think I'll be doing business with them again. I tried to explain to them they or the place they got there records from needed to be updated.

I do know from moving around to different places can cause all sortof financial problems. They want you in one place all the time. So much for being free in america.

Anyway the denon receiver is on the way. So hope it is good. For there sakes.

Later,

Josh

I picked up a Sony STR-DA5300ES for $1359.00 less 40% at a local Sony outlet store. This Sony store is going out of business in this Outlet location.

Anybody know what an Onkyo 602 is worth? The Sony replaced the Onkyo. The Sony is much,much better.

What a deal! I just got that same Sony receiver, but for a whole lot more, ~$1,200 in the package.

Fortunately the problems with on-line deals are few, but when they happen they can be extremely frustrating! My only hassle was one dealer who refused to ship to an address other than my billing address. I wanted it shipped to where I worked since I wasn't at home during the days and didn't want a box with a valuable piece of equipment sitting in plain sight on my doorstep if they were stupid enough to leave it. That dealer called it a "security issue" (in the days before identity theft became the problem it is today), so kudos to them. But they lost the sale to the second dealer I called who would ship to my work address. Another time I had a piece of camera equipment subbed without my prior approval, but what they shipped was a "better than" so I didn't complain.

Hope everything works out for you OK...

Thought I woud let everybody know.

I got my receiver finally. It is great and love it. I posted another thread about speakers and such. AKA size and what not. So if you guys want to help me out on that. I would be greatfull.

later,

Josh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts