Ordered Toshiba Regza Cinema Series 55SV670u today

I took the advice in this thread, and went and looked at this toshiba. I liked it and decided to place the order today. Should be here soon
I look forward to getting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice!

Let me know, I can give you tons of pic setting pointers. Ive calibrated mine about 10 times with a meter now :D. Tried all kinds of combo's.

What exactly is the meter that you are using? Is it some kind of software program? I will certainly contact you when I get the set. I ordered it from Crutchfield, they had a pretty good price, $2179 with no tax and shipping included, they also had the Sony Finance 0% for 24 months which was nice. I also ordered a Standout Designs stand to set it on, they were really nice to deal with, they even extended a promotion that had went out already for me. If any are in the market for a stand, I recommend their service, I havent gotten the stand yet, but I will comment on it when it arrives.

It's a cheaper version of a meter a professional calibritar would use. Its a colorimeter for setting grayscale, which cannot be done by eye.

I received my Regza today. So far I am very happy with it the picture is excellent. I tried the settings that you recommended earlier in this thread. Do you have any updated settings?

Here's the current, just from my experimentation

Movie Mode

Backlight 40-45
Contrast 85-90
Brightness 10
Color 3
Tint 8
Sharpness 0

Color Master OFF
Color Temp (all) 0

I am not using auto backlight, but it works well

Dynalight ON
Dyn Contras 0
Gamma -3
Resolution + works to sharpen SD
NR (both) OFF
240HZ ON
Film Smooth

Backlight 44 and Contrast 85 are about 41footlamberts

Hahaha. I've found the backlight scanning helps smooth the picture a little more, and I tend to prefer it. It does reduce light output though, so you have to compensate!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)