Ordering Dish through someone other than Dish directly

OrokuSaki

Original poster
Sep 3, 2008
Monroe, OH
I'd like to order Dish Network so I've been searching for the best deal out there. There are several sites that have the same deals as Dish's website but they throw in extras (gift certs, etc.) in addition to the normal deals. Are these legit? They definitely seem like the better deal but I don't want to get screwed somehow. Here's an example (just google search "Dish Network Deals" for more):

satellitesolutions.com/dishnetwork/specials.asp

How can they offer better deals than Dish directly?

Thanks for clearing up some confusion.

Bruce

Thanks for the advice, I'll give him a call on my drive home. Do you typically get a better deal through a 3rd party or with Dish Network directly?

If you pick your dealer, you can pick one you know has a good reputation and does good installs. Calling Dish is a roll of the dice.

Dish pays an installer less to install the equipment than they pay for new business generation plus install. That is why 3rd party retailers offer better deals than Dish Direct. My installer said that if I answered the ad in the weekly circulars mailed to every home in my area I would have received the same deal Dish gave me plus a FREE iPod. And his company still would have made a profit larger than what Dish pays for the install.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)