Orion DVB2500 IA5 AKA G25 Thai channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

James812

Original poster
Apr 14, 2008
Hello all,
I'm in Portland, OR and I just purchase an Orion DVB2500 with a 30' dish and Universal LNBF. I'm trying to find 97W aka Galaxy 25, aka IA5... for the Thai channels. My wife requested them. I did satcoms in the Navy, but they made these things easy to find...
The setup instructions got me most of what I needed... please confirm:
AZ: 129
EL: 32
LNB high freq: 10600
Polarization -23 (*not sure how to know I set this, there are no marks for reference.)
directions said search for TP34 (12177) and watch sig level and quality. sig level always at 40, no matter where it points. when I found something (and I was pointing too far east...) I got two channels. a britshnews and something chinese. I noticed this had polarization V, Thia channels are H. Iceberg listed TP on G25 for V and H, I choose 12152 (H) and started over. rotated the LNB 90 degrees, went to about 130 and started hunting. found sig quality of 43 but sig level goes down to 28. sig quality flickers and no channels.
called tech support at EMAN tech (where I got the equip) and they said I was pointing at the wrong SAT. the also said I needed to use 12177 no matter what polarity, it will find the SAT. not sure this is acurate...
also, got a SATBEEPER to help. do I listen fo teh High pitch tone or the low pitch tone? it changes but it doesn't coorelate with sig level or quality.
Any help would be appreciated, Thanks. James

James, here's one calculator you can use to check your angles:
Satellite Look Angles Satellite Heading Calculator Azimuth Elevation Skew Tilt LNBF Latitude and Longitude values

You can also find more info there, click on Sadoun at top of the page here, they're one of our sponsors. Click Tech Help on their homepage and you can find several guides to installing fixed dish. You're prob experienced enough to do it anyway, but the info there may help speed you up. If you don't have a dish motor to complicate things, it's not that hard to find G25. You may find the angles are off by sev degrees on the mount of your dish, sometimes you have to go higher or lower. Once you hit signal, its easy to just run a blind scan and see what you've found. Post back when you find something -most of us here can pinpoint what you're seeing , by the channels you find. Skew will be important-or you may only get vertical or horiz channels, or nothing at all. Should be a zero indication on the lnbf support arm, or on the lnbf itself.

Polarization -23 (*not sure how to know I set this, there are no marks for reference.)
this is skew , standing in front of the dish looking at the lnb turn the lnb right(clockwise) ( usually lnbs are marked with a small scale or a zero at the top) on the three lnb's that i have -23 would just about be 1/2 inch

Thanks for you input guys, I'll have to try and just stay patient at it. I currently have dish network and I figured the elevation would be the same as that dish but the AZ would be a little farther east. maybe that will help hit it. patience, patience, patience....

elevation wont be the same as Dish/Direct. Being in Portland the farther east you go from 123W the lower it will be. So 119 will be MUCH higher than 97W

I used the sat finder on thelist (cheap plug) :D and 97W is 32 elelavtion..converselly 119 is at 38 ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts