Orlando Magic switch to FSN Florida

You must
A) Work for BHN
B) Have some interest in them
C) You get paid to stand up for them on message boards, going by your post count

I have lived in Fl my whole life, so I know what a thunderstorm looks like. Tuesday we had no sun here and it rained most the day, so don't tell me about some sprinkle

The only issue I have with Directv is no CWHD, but I have an antenna so its ok. Also Speed HD needs to add some HD shows

My deal is $69.00 with HD ( total without tax) for the first 4 months then $80.00 with HD (again total without tax) after that. I get every channel and these HD channels

70 - HBO HD East
71 - Showtime HD East
72/209 - ESPN2 HD
73/206 - ESPN HD
74 - Universal HD
75 - TNT HD
76 - HD Theater
78 - HDNet Movies
79 - HDNet
95 - Miscellaneous HD Events Channel
98 - PPV Events
99 - PPV Movies
101 - CD USA
135 - PPV Movies
136 - PPV Movies
137 - PPV Movies
138 - PPV Movies
145 - PPV Movies
146 - PPV Movies
147 - PPV Movies
202 - CNN HD
212 - NFL Network HD
215 - NHL Network HD
220 - Big Ten Network HD
229-1 - HGTV HD
231-1 - FOOD HD
242 - USA Network HD
244 - Sci Fi HD
245 - TNT HD
247 - TBS HD
248 - FX HD
255 - MGM HD
265 - A&E HD
267 - Smithsonian HD
269 - History Channel HD
273 - Bravo HD
276 - National Geographic HD
278 - Discovery HD
280 - TLC HD
282 - Animal Planet HD
284 - Science Channel HD
296 - The Cartoon Network HD
332 - MHD
355 - CNBC HD+
359 - FOX Business HD
362 - Weather Channel HD
501 - HBO HD East
504 - HBO HD West
509 - HBO HD East
512 - Cinemax HD East
514 - Cinemax HD West
518 - Starz Kids and Family HD
519 - Starz Comedy HD
520 - Starz HD East
521 - Starz HD West
522 - Starz Edge HD
537 - Showtime HD East
538 - SHO TOO HD East
540 - Showtime HD West
543 - Showtime HD East
544 - The Movie Channel HD East
601 - NBA HD
604 - Versus HD / Golf Channel HD
607 - SPEED HD
612 - FUEL HD
622 - YES
623 - New England Sports Network
625 - SportsNet New York
628-1 - FSN Pittsburgh
629 - Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic
636 - FSN Detroit
639-1 - FSN Houston
640 - Comcast SportsNet Chicago
643 - FSN Southwest
647-1 - FSN Midwest
648-1 - FSN Midwest Alternate
652 - FSN West
653 - FSN Prime Ticket
669-1 - FSN Detroit Alternate

I come on here to post to give my personal view and my view is BHN is out to suck us all dry. With BHN I had every channel and Road Runner ($49.99) for 180+ a month. With Directv I have lowered my bill, I now have the best programing on the market and a service provider who loves sports

As I said you must of really talked yourself into a special pricing rate.

Also I live in Central Florida myself, so I know it wasnt a rain storm.. It was rain but not a storm.. Come back here in August and tell me how many times your dish goes offline... (Ive been in numerous sports bars, watching games during a storm and had the whole place screaming when that little screen that says "Searching for Signal" comes up) Over the years the technology has gotten better, but it still happens.

My parents live in Boca Raton and have had Directv for 3 years as their service provider. They currently have the 36 inch Dish with the HR20. Parents told me they rarely loose service and it takes a very hard rain and it might be out 1-5 min. Rain fade is the only issue BHN can bring up and that is a very weak argument.

On FSN news, Service tech showed up at my house to turn my cable off. According to him, BHN wants to switch to Digital next year and that is one of the reasons BHN wants FSN in the sports tier. It is hard for BHN to tell customers it is FSN fault, when every service provider that carries FSN has it in the Basic lineup including Tampa BHN

Its hard to Blame BHN when BHN says "We will gladly carry your channel on the sports tier" And they refuse. Why do they refuse? Because they know how much money they will lose.. They want 100% of BHN customers to pay for a channel that a small % want. It would not be so bad if they didnt want such a huge price for the channel. If they put the price in the 10-20cent range it might not be that big of a deal, but they want almost 50cents a sub for the channel. That means they want roughly $500,000 a month from BHN to carry the channel.. Whos gonna cover that cost? Every BHN customer. What BHN wants to do is either A. Lower the cost, or B. Offer it on a sports tier and let only the customers who want it have to fork over the cost.

there are 2 parties invovled here. and I already mentioned why BHN Tampa has the channel. They have more reasons to and more demand. The damand in Orlando is not as big. Orlando is not a "Big Sports" market.. Tampa is, with the bucs, lightning, drays, storm, etc. Orlando has the magic (whom the majority in a poll voted could care less if they decided to leave if not) and the Predetors (The only "Successful" Orlando sports franchise) Tampa and Orlando are two different markets with two different demands. Its simple, math.

steven, i strongly suggest you read orlando sentinel columnists mike thomas take on this. it might open your eyes. i think it was online today (thursday). however, he can be accessed at orlandosentinel.com.

there are 2 parties invovled here. and I already mentioned why BHN Tampa has the channel. They have more reasons to and more demand. The damand in Orlando is not as big. Orlando is not a "Big Sports" market.. Tampa is, with the bucs, lightning, drays, storm, etc. Orlando has the magic (whom the majority in a poll voted could care less if they decided to leave if not) and the Predetors (The only "Successful" Orlando sports franchise) Tampa and Orlando are two different markets with two different demands. Its simple, math.

The majority around Tampa could also care less if the drays left along with their phony too far from Tampa dome. They only get decent attendance when they play teams from Boston and New York with transplanted fans from the Northeast.

Good point coaster, but they also have the other group of teams I think all three have won a national title in their sport within the last decade at least. (maybe at least the last 15years)

steven, i strongly suggest you read orlando sentinel columnists mike thomas take on this. it might open your eyes. i think it was online today (thursday). however, he can be accessed at orlandosentinel.com.

Well the headline for the article reads "Magic's act of greed takes games off TV"

Just wondering how his opinion differs from mine..

Magic's act of greed takes games off TV -- OrlandoSentinel.com

Matter of fact he said just about everything I said in his article... You think he was reading this thread and stealing my thoughts?

Here is a quote from the Article

"
That the Magic are trying to put the blame for this on Bright House is beyond galling. This was an orchestrated ploy to make millions in profits for the Magic and Fox at the expense of Bright House customers. A little from everybody amounts to millions for a few.
"

I really like this quote from him at the end of the article "If Bright House raises my rates one nickel because of this, I'm going back to rabbit ears and Netflix."

Well the headline for the article reads "Magic's act of greed takes games off TV"

Just wondering how his opinion differs from mine..

Magic's act of greed takes games off TV -- OrlandoSentinel.com

Matter of fact he said just about everything I said in his article... You think he was reading this thread and stealing my thoughts?

Here is a quote from the Article

"
That the Magic are trying to put the blame for this on Bright House is beyond galling. This was an orchestrated ploy to make millions in profits for the Magic and Fox at the expense of Bright House customers. A little from everybody amounts to millions for a few.
"

I really like this quote from him at the end of the article "If Bright House raises my rates one nickel because of this, I'm going back to rabbit ears and Netflix."

i don't always agree with mike thomas and this is one of those times. some of his argument makes good sense.

but you really need to also scan the reader comments. some of those are priceless.

Yea seems the majority of them agree with mikes article. or simply state they could care less about the magic, they are already being robbed some 200-300million dollars of there tax dollars..

Thats another problem I have taking half there games off Broadcast TV (WRBW) Which anyone with an antenna could get, now those poor folks who cant afford cable (or who cant afford the basic 20$ cable package) will not be able to see the games, and they cant afford digital cable or even standard cable or satellite. Yet there tax dollars are still going to build these guys a new arena. Not to mention they dam sure cant afford to goto the games.. Most cant. I know I couldnt afford season tickets for my family of 4, Thats why I am a predator fan and dumped the magic long ago. When they started getting ridiculously greedy and under performing. For about a buck 45 I get 4 season tickets to the preds, and a tshirt or football depends on the promotion this year..

but you haven't read the comments to mike bianchi's recent sports columns on this subject. trust me, there are a slew of people pissed off at bhn for this. and many posters aren't bashful saying they have already switched to satellite.

you know, i'm going to say it again and you are entitled to your opinion, but bhn is as much to blame in this fiasco as fox and the magic. many people in orlando are already upset over the whole new arena financing deal. so, obviously, many aren't happy with the magic here.

but many aren't happy with bright house either. personally, if i were the magic, i would tell bright house and fox......we're locking you up in a conference room....there will be enough food and drink provided for 72 hours and of course, the bathrooms are available. you don't come up until you reach a deal.

if no one plays hardball with the two, this deal will never get done.

The question should be is any of the Fox RSN's on a sports tier anywhere else in America, anyone know? I checked a few months back and could not find one.

but you haven't read the comments to mike bianchi's recent sports columns on this subject. trust me, there are a slew of people pissed off at bhn for this. and many posters aren't bashful saying they have already switched to satellite.

you know, i'm going to say it again and you are entitled to your opinion, but bhn is as much to blame in this fiasco as fox and the magic. many people in orlando are already upset over the whole new arena financing deal. so, obviously, many aren't happy with the magic here.

but many aren't happy with bright house either. personally, if i were the magic, i would tell bright house and fox......we're locking you up in a conference room....there will be enough food and drink provided for 72 hours and of course, the bathrooms are available. you don't come up until you reach a deal.

if no one plays hardball with the two, this deal will never get done.

What about the many Magic fans who cant afford Standard cable? or who cant afford satellite? Who were getting the games free before over the air or on Basic cable at 20bucks a month?

Of course the people on the sports column are upset they are sports fans obviously if they are reading it. :rolleyes:

I am privelged to see the numbers of who is leaveing and because of why (We have special codes to put in when a user gives a reason for canceling like NFLNET or FSN etc,) and you would be surprised at how low the number is. It surely is not much more then the normal churn rate. So I dont see BHN folding their hand anytime soon, perhaps if the magic make the play offs.. or have a great season and the "Seasonal" fans come out in support then maybe.. Directing your anger only at BHN does no good. Tell FOX to lower the price, or allow BHN to carry it on there digital tier and its a done deal, BHN would turn it on today for ya.

well, with that attitude, i hope a bunch of people change their service and tell bhn to shove it.

in fact, earlier this week, i did about something else. i told a supervisor if i had a viable alternative, i would have canceled the remainder of my services this week.

the only people who have been decent to me at bhn are supervisors. quite frankly, i'm tired of joe and jane csr's attitude....we're right and you're wrong........when its obvious the customer isn't.

I am sorry about your experiance with the CSR's I to have bad experiances with them, and I have good ones. Ive had bad experiance with techs and good ones. After spending many many years in the customer service industry I have learned to find the difference between a company with just bad policy, or just a poor employee. No matter what company you call on the phone or have come to your house, your service is only going to be as good as the person ansering it or the person knocking on your door. So I try to give the companies a bit of slack if I find the bad apple, however I expect the supervisor to fix it, when I get ahold of him/her. That is when I judge the companies response, to how well they handle me being treated bad by an employee who obviously does not care about his work but only a check.

Directv added FSNHD today along with 23 HD channels

and sun sports hd. they are hd game only rsn's. instead of being on a spotbeam where they have been since the launch of spaceway 1 and spaceway 2. they are now being broadcast from directv's new mpeg4 satellite.

but i might add, fsn florida has been broadcasting on directv for the past few years.

Maybe I am just lucky, but the CSRs at BHN have always been very nice and helpful to me. Of course, I do my best to treat them with respect.

As I mentioned its the same with ANY call center. It depends on who answers the phone and what mood they are in. usually if they treat you bad they are probably just upset at the previous caller, screaming and yelling and threating them. (That or they are just a bitch by nature)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)