Orlando Mpeg-4 Local HD's Are Live

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
lou_do said:
Are there any signs of any HD RSNs? Fox Sports or Sun Network?

From what I hear, wait until Saturday. NESN HD will be full time, with other rsn's on only when a game is on, no pre or post game or reruns in hd. Check here for more info. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=7913080#post7913080
Read the whole thread, as there is info about the individual rsn's and when they are starting. All of this is with a grain of salt until it actually happens.

raoul5788 said:
From what I hear, wait until Saturday. NESN HD will be full time, with other rsn's on only when a game is on, no pre or post game or reruns in hd. Check here for more info. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=7913080#post7913080
Read the whole thread, as there is info about the individual rsn's and when they are starting. All of this is with a grain of salt until it actually happens.

Been reading them as well. Wonder if they were certified by rumor control. Like you I am in the wait and see mode.

Now that the HD locals are live in Orlando, I am hard pressed to see any real significant difference between the OTA feed and the D* feed as far as quality of the picture is concerned. Am I going blind or is the MPEG 4 quality pretty good, generally?

Call me strange but I am gonna hold off as long as possible since I am really drawn to the secondary channels. 9-2 just went HD with their radar map....

Chado said:
Call me strange but I am gonna hold off as long as possible since I am really drawn to the secondary channels. 9-2 just went HD with their radar map....

I hear you, no big rush to change over with only 4 locals available from D*. The Orlando market has around 29 OTA HD & digital channels, that I get now. The only thing that would make me want to change is FSN Florida or SUN sports HD or more nationals available in MPG4.

I see Channel 9 is going HD on their local news today. Anxious to see how that looks.

Living in Orlando and being a longtime D* er I would have thought they would have let me know in some way that the HD locals were going live. The way D* has been promoting the HD locals you would expect they would want everyone in the market to know. If it wasn't for Satelllite Guys-I would still have no idea. Now of course the question is-Do I fire them up? CANNOT live with HD Tivo so why get a new BIGGER dish a new leased box for only four channels? Little help?

I wouldn't if you receive them OTA. There is really no reason to ditch your Tivo just for locals unless the RSN's are also activated and/or you cannot received the local sover the air.

WFTV news looks fairly decent in hd but the weather is outstanding!! haven't checked the sub-channel yet but i'm watching the noon news and i'm impressed. even the news stories are being shot in full 16:9. no more wings, gray bars or whatever you want to call them!!

Mpeg-4 DVR Coming Next Month

I was told by a D* tech rep today that the new mpeg-4 DVR was being released in July or August. I have not heard anything anywhere else so if anybody sees or hears anything let us know.

bases1616 said:
I was told by a D* tech rep today that the new mpeg-4 DVR was being released in July or August. I have not heard anything anywhere else so if anybody sees or hears anything let us know.

Rumors are just that, rumors. Check out the DirecTV DVR threads. same ole info about fall 2006 release. No one can give any facts until its officially announced.

For those who have been subscribers to D* for years, we know D* is like magic. No word on a new product or channel today, and then all of a sudden "POOF", and it is available the next day.
:welcome

It's great especially when they zoom in on a storm cell while giving you the direction of where it's heading... Great stuff!!

Can someone in Orlando post which transponders they are seeing and signal strength on 99W and 103W from setup? Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts