OTA 6.3 (KOIN) Portland Sports Grid, giving the wrong channel info

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mwdxer1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2015
Seaside Oregon
For the past few days, on two of my OTA tuners I am getting the wrong program info on 6.3 KOIN Portland. The channel is the Sports Grid, yet I am getting the program guide for Rewind. Is this some glitch, or is Nexstar adding Rewind soon? I might add that I am getting KOIN via a Nexstar translator, but I get the same info that the mother station (KOIN) has. I sure hope we get Rewind.

To add to the mystery, Titan now lists 6.3, still as the Sports Gird, but the programming listed is Rewind. So something is going on....

That is what I was wondering, but in time we probably will be getting Rewind. Nexstar controls their networks tightly. If the cannot get Reward OTA, generally it is not available. No streaming service or satellite service has it. It is on in some markets via cable, but not here.

KRCW 32-3 is now GRIT and COURT TV has moved to KPDX 49-4 (Grit's old location). Why has Nextstar not launched REWIND TV on 32-3?

With the move of Court TV to KPDX (49.4) and Grit to KRCW (32.3), apparently that was a switch-aroo. I have an idea "if" we get Rewind, it will be on 6.3, where the guide has showed up. TBD 34.4 is a duplicate, also on 2.4, so maybe when that contract runs out Rewind will be on 6.3 and the Sports Grid will move to 32.4. That is just a guess, but Titan online guide lists Sports Grid" on 6.3, but the programming is Rewind TV. Two on my OTA tuners display the channel as Sports Grid, but show Rewind programming. I do feel something is going on.

I just received an email reply from Mark Bendinelli, Programming & Research Director for KOIN 6. He has confirmed Rewind TV will be launching October 24th on KOIN DT3 (6.3) So, the program deails we have been seeing for Rewind TV were added inadvertently before the launch date.

Last edited:
Reactions: mwdxer1
Now the circle channel in the title shows Bounce Programming no long says The Circle Channel even thru it is still the circle programs this digital singles seems to be all messed up and on my Samsung tv no way to reset it

I like the old tv singles as least they did not give incorrect information

Our ch 6 translator (34) is off on the Northern Oregon Coast anyway, so we never got to see Rewind as yet. It kicked off on Friday. KOIN is aware of the issue as I talked to the receptionist today and they have been getting lots of calls regarding it. Hopefully it will be back soon. I have not heard back from Rick Brown (CE) to know what the issue is. I was also told the Gray's River translator was off line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)