OTA 722 does not recognizing the antenna

Toyzruskid1976

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 20, 2009
Dayton, OH
I've been through 3 antennas now including a Terk, and a Phillips and my new 722 does not recognize that there's an antenna plugged in (no signal strength)

I called Dish and got India (I think)

They told me that the 722 does not support OTA as of the digital transition

Can someone clue me in on this BS

Is there a setting I need to flip in order to get the Local Channels to show up (the .1 .2 .3 etc)

I've tried the Scan Local Channel option, but it doesnt pick anything up nor does it show a signal strength. I will say that it shows 5 satelites when I do a reboot with the antenna plugged in (as opposed to a normal 4 without it plugged in)

I have the 722 and have no trouble with locals over the antenna. I am assuming you are able to pick up the locals with an antenna from where you are at, correct? Other then scan for locals in system setup there is no "switch" that needs to be done so possibly a problem with receiver, strange about the antenna being another satellite! You are connecting it to correct port on back of receiver correct? Good luck as I had no troubles with an antenna and scanning locals.

yes, I get crystal clear pictures with the same antennas on a direct connect from the antenna to the TV

I hung up, called the welcome center, they once again sent me back to another foreign country and I'm getting the same story. They said it would be 200 dollars to upgrade me.... HELLO... I just got service on Wednesday, I'm not paying because you ran out of a box that I was suppose to have initially.... If I call M-F do I still go out of country for support?

Just a shot in the dark here, but be sure you are connecting to the over the air input and not the remote antenna for the TV2 remote. Oh, and you do have a 722, not a 722K?

Go to menu-6-9. Click Channel display. Make sure that Local channels is set to HD and SD and not disabled.

S~

its in a port labeled Over the air antenna

after being passed around to every tech at dish they sent me to the loyalty department who is sending out a new 722k with the OTA module (no charge) along with a prepaid return box to send my 722 back.

At least it's not another service call I need to be home for.

Had it with mine. For some reason when you install the OTA box the is set to Cable or IRC.

Go to Menu - Setup - HDTV Setup and make sure the Analog type is set to Offair.
Rescan and your locals should then pop up.

At least that was my problem. E* was useless as well, I found it by comparing my 622 with the new 722k settings.

Install OTA module

its in a port labeled Over the air antenna

after being passed around to every tech at dish they sent me to the loyalty department who is sending out a new 722k with the OTA module (no charge) along with a prepaid return box to send my 722 back.

At least it's not another service call I need to be home for.

Be sure to install the module OTA module after you run your scan of the sats and download program guide. Once the sats & guide are set turn off the 722k and put the module in and do your OTA scan. This at present seems the best way to do it till they get a s/w bug fixed.

Had it with mine. For some reason when you install the OTA box the is set to Cable or IRC.

Go to Menu - Setup - HDTV Setup and make sure the Analog type is set to Offair.
Rescan and your locals should then pop up.

At least that was my problem. E* was useless as well, I found it by comparing my 622 with the new 722k settings.

Ding ding ding ding... Ladies And Gentlemen, we have a winner

Damn... and here I returned that Terk I picked up for 29 dollars.

Well at least now I get my 722k :)

So... new question (and thanks a ton!)

Can I take this antenna I bought (Phillips MT940 I believe) and splice that into the line from my 500 wing dish using a diplexor?

If not, I'm just going to mount it in my attic and fish the wire down.

for future issues I'm posting here first... really sad that 3 techs couldnt suggest doing this.

I'm still confused about this 722 and 722K receiver. As I understand it, the 722 is basically the same as the 622 (which I have) but with a larger hard drive. The 722K is the same as the 722 but does not provide for OTA antenna hook-up UNLESS you buy and install some special attachment or module. Now why in the world would someone want at 722K when the 722 already is able to pick up OTA without having to fool with some special module?

I'm still confused about this 722 and 722K receiver. As I understand it, the 722 is basically the same as the 622 (which I have) but with a larger hard drive. The 722K is the same as the 722 but does not provide for OTA antenna hook-up UNLESS you buy and install some special attachment or module. Now why in the world would someone want at 722K when the 722 already is able to pick up OTA without having to fool with some special module?

I was told the 722 runs very hot and can over heat
I was also told with the 722 you can DVR more programs

The lady on the phone said she was sending the 722k and the OTA module at no charge due to all the issues I've had since I signed up 2 weeks ago. I wasn't going to question her, I just wanted the .1, .2, .3 channels since there's a local news channel that I enjoy that I couldnt get via the Satellite

Now why in the world would someone want at 722K when the 722 already is able to pick up OTA without having to fool with some special module?
So you can record two OTA and two Sat channels at once (as opposed to only one OTA on 722).

I can assure you that a 722k is a lot more than a 722 without a tuner. It is a very different box running different software and having different features and capabilities. I would NOT go back to a 722.

I can assure you that a 722k is a lot more than a 722 without a tuner. It is a very different box running different software and having different features and capabilities.
Like what (other than the module)? Nothing new or different other than groups has jumped out at me. The remote is of no consequence to me. If I'm missing something, let me know.

Ding ding ding ding... Ladies And Gentlemen, we have a winner

Damn... and here I returned that Terk I picked up for 29 dollars.

Well at least now I get my 722k :)

So... new question (and thanks a ton!)

Can I take this antenna I bought (Phillips MT940 I believe) and splice that into the line from my 500 wing dish using a diplexor?

If not, I'm just going to mount it in my attic and fish the wire down.

for future issues I'm posting here first... really sad that 3 techs couldnt suggest doing this.

You mean I got one right? ;););)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts