Totally confused on Advantage and TV2 connect fee...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

protege26

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2006
Princeton, WV
Ok. I feel out of place here with everyone talking about HD which doesnt affect me, but I have a question.

I have always had DVR with my package but never had a Dish Advantage plan as locals are not available in my area. So my bill simply shows this.
  • Classic Silver 200 $47.99
  • Dish Network DVR Service Fee $5.98
  • DHPP $5.99
  • Duo Receiver $5.00
  • TV2 Connection Fee $5.00
  • TV2 Connection Fee $0.00 (waived due to receiver being connected)
I've read on here that the first connection fee is waived with Dish Advantage. Can I have that done without Dish Advantage or what is now called "with DVR" even though I don't have locals?

I'm just confused simply. I have a 625 as the primary of course and a 322g. The 625 is connected to a phone line, the 322 is not.

If I connect the 322 and disconnect the 625 will I be charged zero? I'm trying to avoid spending another $60 on a power outlet phone adapter.

There are just too many options and I of course cannot get a rep to give me a straight answer. Hopefully you all can help me with my specific situation as search didn't lead me to anywhere but more questions.

Thanks in advance!

K.R.

Ok. I feel out of place here with everyone talking about HD which doesnt affect me, but I have a question.

I have always had DVR with my package but never had a Dish Advantage plan as locals are not available in my area. So my bill simply shows this.
  • Classic Silver 200 $47.99
  • Dish Network DVR Service Fee $5.98
  • DHPP $5.99
  • Duo Receiver $5.00
  • TV2 Connection Fee $5.00
  • TV2 Connection Fee $0.00 (waived due to receiver being connected)
I've read on here that the first connection fee is waived with Dish Advantage. Can I have that done without Dish Advantage or what is now called "with DVR" even though I don't have locals?

I'm just confused simply. I have a 625 as the primary of course and a 322g. The 625 is connected to a phone line, the 322 is not.

If I connect the 322 and disconnect the 625 will I be charged zero? I'm trying to avoid spending another $60 on a power outlet phone adapter.

There are just too many options and I of course cannot get a rep to give me a straight answer. Hopefully you all can help me with my specific situation as search didn't lead me to anywhere but more questions.

Thanks in advance!

K.R.

Yes. By connecting the 322 to a phone line you can save the extra $5. Today any DVR as the primary does not have to be connected to a phone line, but all 2nd receivers must be connected to avoid the extra $5 charge.

Awesome. So just to make sure I understand you guys...

So you all are saying if I take that outlet jack thing and put it on the Duo Non-DVR receiver, and have the Primary DVR not plugged in, I will not be charged any fees?

Man this forum rocks. I should post more and not just read. LOL.

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)