OTA Adapter and original hopper with new interface.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cool80z

PIT MEMBER
Original poster
Jul 23, 2009
So Cal
Hello I had to replace a defective hopper 2000 and my replacement upgraded to the carbon interface. Talked to tech support and had to upgrade 2nd hopper 2000 to carbon ui via the remote trick to see each others recordings. Now my usb ota adapter will not work it searches and finds channels then pauses and the hopper reboots. They supposedly let engineering know. Is anyone else dealing with this issue? any ideas how to fix it?

I'm guessing your market has a LOT of OTA channels, like over 100? People have reported this problem and there's no solution. Well, unless you count cancelling or stopping the scan before it reaches some number (not necessarily 100).

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

I'm guessing your market has a LOT of OTA channels, like over 100? People have reported this problem and there's no solution. Well, unless you count cancelling or stopping the scan before it reaches some number (not necessarily 100).

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
yes live in the Los Angeles Market and nearly 200 Digital channels.

To my knowledge, no one from Dish, i.e. "DIRT", has acknowledged this, but enough people have encountered this problem and posted about it here that some deductions were made. Again, it's not official, but I don't recall anyone in markets with 10, 20, 30, and so on channels running into this. People in larger markets with a LOT of channels have. Strangely, it would appear that not everyone gets the reboots....

You can unplug your antenna at 50 or 70 or 90 or higher. Won't matter. I've tried, constant reboots regardless. It's a crapshoot, 1x out of 10 you may get the channels to save. Good luck. I hope the new OTA adapter I've pre-ordered works better with my Wally than the old one did.

I had that happen right after I updated to Carbon. When I called tech support and they told me that my Hopper had gone bad. They sent me a new one and I hope it's OK. So far, so good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)