OTA Adapter Availability

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Itzli

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2010
Oklahoma
Like many others, I have a local channel that was lost due to the Tribune dispute. Having read other posts, I decided to contact Dish via chat on their website to request an OTA antenna. During the conversation I specifically asked if I would be able to record shows on my DVR (I have a 2 Hopper/2 Joey setup) and the person helping me took a few minutes to research before replying that I would be able to.

Fast forward: I was sent an antenna and still trying to get everything working (issues hitting a repeater tower 15 miles away versus original transmission towers 80+ miles away). In the meantime I decided to follow up with Dish, once again via chat. I told the person helping me that I did not see how I would be able to connect the antenna I was sent to my Hopper in order to record shows. He replied that I was given incorrect information and that I would not be able to connect an antenna to my Hopper. I asked if he was sure that was the case as I found information on the Dish website referring to the ability. He then replied that yes I could with a USB Digital OTA Tuner but that Dish was currently out of stock. I then asked if there was any plans to restock and he told me he was unsure.

Has anyone been able to get a USB Adapter anytime recently? I can understand being out of stock but despite being quite pleased on my first time contacting Dish but this time I felt like I was getting the runaround.

Considering how useless it is on the H3 now (if you want to record anything, that is)...I should list mine on ebay. Looks like they are listing for good $$$ during the shortage! :D

I was told to keep checking and when they get them in stock give them a call to get one sent out for free. I have a feeling they will never be in stock until the dispute is over. Just so they don't have to give them away.

If the hopper is anything like the 722, the OTA tuner sucks anyway. I have one but getting 30 mile away towers is an iffy thing, even with a very robust antenna. I can get signal lock on my old analog TV using the free gov'mint. digital converter and a little wire loop but the Dish pixelates using the OTA module, using a deep fringe antenna (mast mounted). If I take that coax and plug it into the new TV it works fine. Dish sent me another module and it was the same. It shows low signal strength on the display.

I bought an antenna and a TiVo. We already buy Amazon and Netflix. The next time Dish pisses me off they are outta here.
I don't understand you people who keep threatening that. What is there to wait for, I can tell you DISH is going to make you mad again, just drop them.

Reactions: osu1991
I bought an antenna and a TiVo. We already buy Amazon and Netflix. The next time Dish pisses me off they are outta here.
You can do what I did. Put your account on HOLD for $5/mo. start using the Tivo and move the programming onto CDs. I found I didn't miss DISH and also found the programming on the Hard Drive wasn't that important. I only saved about 1/3 of what was stored.

You can do what I did. Put your account on HOLD for $5/mo. start using the Tivo and move the programming onto CDs. I found I didn't miss DISH and also found the programming on the Hard Drive wasn't that important. I only saved about 1/3 of what was stored.

I found the same about things I have saved on the EHD. I was just cleaning house and decided at least 1/2 things saved could be deleted.

Finding out how much of that stuff is on Netflix is speeding up the process. The advantage is there are no commercials on Netflix so cutting the cord is getting easy. I still have the learning curve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts