OTA adapter causing problems with Hopper Duo

cmzoet

Original poster
May 28, 2021
San Antonio, TX
When I plug my OTA adapter in to my hopper duo, and reset the hopper as instructed I get the 535 error "acquiring signal". I am able to use the menu function to scan the OTA channels but once complete the hopper is still stuck on the 535 error. It takes multiple resets and the removal of the adapter to get the hopper functioning again. Even after removing the adapter, I must reset the hopper a number of times.. Any insight? Faulty OTA adapter or Hopper?

When I plug my OTA adapter in to my hopper duo, and reset the hopper as instructed I get the 535 error "acquiring signal". I am able to use the menu function to scan the OTA channels but once complete the hopper is still stuck on the 535 error. It takes multiple resets and the removal of the adapter to get the hopper functioning again. Even after removing the adapter, I must reset the hopper a number of times.. Any insight? Faulty OTA adapter or Hopper?
It is not just you. I have seen this issue many times, on both Hopper Duo and Wally. When the 535 gets stuck, try this instead of doing a reset:

Diagnostics (Home button three times, or Menu button twice, depending on remote control model)
Go down to Dish (option number 3)
Select Test Installation (option number 5)
Let the test run, and check to see that you actually have signal strength showing in the bar on the lower-left of that screen.
(You may need to change the selections above that bar, such as switching tuners, satellite, and/or transponder, before the signal strength will actually appear.)
When you actually have a green signal strength bar, back out of the menu, and let the Hopper reacquire the signal.
(The 535 box should reappear, but this time it should actually work properly.)

After doing that, your picture should return, and all channels will work properly without needing to remove your OTA adapter. If these steps still do not fix your problem, then there may be something else wrong with either your adapter or the Hopper.