OTA adapter tuner guide question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ashecnc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 2, 2010
Asheville, NC
I received my adapter from DishForMyRV very fast, installed it, but how long does it take for the program info to show up on the guide, they just say no information, will this download later? Thanks for the help!

When we arrive at a new location with our RV I can usually force the guide to refresh by clicking on the 30 second forward skip button (used to skip a day ahead) a couple of times. I then get a message that guide data is outdated and asking if I would like to refresh. This gets the satellite channels but I usually have to do it a second time for over the air channels.

...and be advised that you may not get guide data for some of the subchannels.
Oddly, most of mine are not showing any program info, BUT, when I bring up the guide on my phone app dish anywhere, it shows all program info. How can the app show it and the TV not, isn't the app bringing up whats on my Hopper?

Reactions: bspei
Did your guide ever get updated? After I did my initial channel scan I had logos (NBC, ABC, etc.), but the program info did not show up until the next morning. All was good, so I had Dish remove my locals subscription from my Flex Pack so I save $10 a month. Once they did that, boom, my OTA channels show "no information available" and the logos are gone. It is still the same 18 hours later. Surely I don't have to subscribe to locals just to get OTA info?

That would be an interesting development. I thought most on the flex pack had reported keeping their OTA guide data once they removed the sat locals package.

Reactions: pattykay
I certainly hope we are not forced to subscribe to locals just to get guide information for the OTA channels. I will be one unhappy camper if that is the case.

I have rebooted my receiver (HWS) to see if that will help. No change so far.

I chatted with Dish tech support and they had me unplug the receiver, wait 15 seconds, plug it back in. That causes the guide to download. But the OTA program guide info is still missing. The channels are there, just no logo or info. So they have referred this to "engineering" for a software fix. Who knows how long that will take. It's definitely a bummer not having an OTA guide unless I subscribe to locals.

Did your guide ever get updated? After I did my initial channel scan I had logos (NBC, ABC, etc.), but the program info did not show up until the next morning. All was good, so I had Dish remove my locals subscription from my Flex Pack so I save $10 a month. Once they did that, boom, my OTA channels show "no information available" and the logos are gone. It is still the same 18 hours later. Surely I don't have to subscribe to locals just to get OTA info?
Some of my logos are there and some are not. I have programming info on some and some just say the channel name with no info. Looks like some will have it some will not, very odd.

Some of my logos are there and some are not. I have programming info on some and some just say the channel name with no info. Looks like some will have it some will not, very odd.

Thanks. Are you subscribed to the locals from Dish? I had programming info until I dropped the locals.

I have also noticed the OTA adapter runs a bit warm, and doing a channel scan misses channels it picked up before (so I cancel so as to not lose access).

Thanks. Are you subscribed to the locals from Dish? I had programming info until I dropped the locals.

I have also noticed the OTA adapter runs a bit warm, and doing a channel scan misses channels it picked up before (so I cancel so as to not lose access).
yes I do have locals on my Dish

Okay, thanks. I went ahead and resubscribed to the locals, and now I am getting the guide info on my OTA channels too. Apparently Dish will not provide the guide info for OTA channels unless you subscribe to the locals. The tech I chatted with didn't seem to think it was required, so maybe this will change in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)