OTA adapter

mopardude01

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 16, 2014
missouri
How many ota adapters types does dish have, my father-in-law got one for his Wally. And its black with holes in it with a braided usb cable , and led on the side. Its labeled dish? Is it better than the regular black one? Anyone know, thanks.

The regular black one that says dish on it, p/n 313293 runs pretty hot as well in my opinion. I've been told that's the best one to have. Not really sure.

The regular black one that says dish on it, p/n 313293 runs pretty hot as well in my opinion. I've been told that's the best one to have. Not really sure.
No, the hot one is the worst one to buy! It may even be a single tuner. What you want is the white, dual-tuner one:

The one with the holes in it, with a detachable USB cable is the old one tht runs hot.

The new OTA adapter with no holes in the plastic case and with a non-removable USB cable, whether black (Dish) or white (AirTV), runs considerably cooler and is the better OTA USB tuner.

There is one on eBay right now that says it is the newer model, but it is NOT. There are a whole bunch of the new USB dual tuner OTA adapters there and only one with holes in the plastic and a detachable USB cable and that ONE is a heater.

I have my suspicions that that tuner might even be a single tuner module, it looks just like my 2 single tuner OTA modules that I had when I had two Hopper 2000's (picture below) and the label doesn't say it is a dual tuner assembly - no proof, just suspicion.
20210515_191321[1].jpg

The one with the holes in it, with a detachable USB cable is the old one tht runs hot.

The new OTA adapter with no holes in the plastic case and with a non-removable USB cable, whether black (Dish) or white (AirTV), runs considerably cooler and is the better OTA USB tuner.

There is one on eBay right now that says it is the newer model, but it is NOT. There are a whole bunch of the new USB dual tuner OTA adapters there and only one with holes in the plastic and a detachable USB cable and that ONE is a heater.

I have my suspicions that that tuner might even be a single tuner module, it looks just like my 2 single tuner OTA modules that I had when I had two Hopper 2000's (picture below) and the label doesn't say it is a dual tuner assembly - no proof, just suspicion.
View attachment 151802
Thank you for the info, I appreciate it.

Reactions: charlesrshell
In case anyone want's one, I have two of them now that I have the dual tuner adapter.

PM me if interested.
Not quite clear what you are saying. I don't understand what you have two of, two single tuner adapters now that you have the dual tuner adapter, or two dual tuner adapters, one of which you no longer need?

Reactions: bookworm370

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts